Copy Paste Modules

by kajacx

Copy and paste modules together with machine settings. Now also works with blueprints!

Utilities
2 years ago
0.17 - 1.1

g Remove current modules from machines?

2 years ago

I noticed that if you copy paste into a machine that already has modules the current modules are not removed, so in some cases the copy is not complete. Would it be too complicated to remove the previous modules when copy pasting? This is already done in other mods (such as Module Inserter), so it could be simple. Thanks!

2 years ago

One of the main reasons why I made this mod was to easily remove modules (by copying from a machine with no modules), so modules should get removed. Do you have space in inventory? I will try to take a look at it next week, I wanted to make some other changes anyway.

2 years ago

I'm using Space Exploration and tried copy pasting in the Navigation mode, which doesn't allow taking stuff from machines, maybe that's it? Thanks for the reply!

2 years ago

OK I took a look at it. It seems that the "Navigation Satellite" create a new "ghost character" for you to move as (kind of like Brave New World does), so for example changing recipes in machines is possible (unlike in vanilla "map/radar" view). When I copy modules, it auto-inserts them back for some reason. I would need to take a closer look as the source code.

Anyway, I wanted to take a look at the Module Inserter mod, because being able to set logistic request for modules from the map (radar view) is something that I am interested in as well. You can try if it will work for you (you can, in fact, go to map (radar view) while using the navigation satellite).

2 years ago

Thanks a lot for taking a look at this!

2 years ago

New version 0.1.0 is out and you can now copy modules with a blueprint. However, you need a machine that has no modules to create the blueprint from, and then paste that blueprint over another machine and it will remove the modules (drop then on the ground and mark for collection by bots). Please let me know if it work fine.

I thought about making it possible to somehow set module request remotely (or even locally if you don't have them on you), but the "Module Inserter" mod already does that, so it would be redundant.

2 years ago

I looked at it and this new feature seems to be working fine! However, removing modules with copy paste while in Space Exploration's navigation mode still does not work, but with the blueprint change this is not a big deal. Thanks a lot for the support!

New response