Colorblind Liquids

This mod replaces the liquid icons in the game with colorblind friendly replacements.

Tweaks
2 years ago

i Suggestions

2 years ago

Colorblind does not equal grayscale, so it's important to not remove the colors of liquids. Adding clear to read letters to the existing icon should be enough in my opinion, but overlaying icons would also work in most cases (overlaying the iron gear on lubricant, solid fuel on light oil, a weight on heavy oil, a barrel on crude oil, a glass of water, etc, generally showing how the liquid is related to other things.)

2 years ago

I do plan to have options for the mod, I just figured for a first pass covering all bases would be best.

I got the idea from a reddit thread and the best case scenario would be different droplet shapes, but that may be beyond my ability.

I do like the idea of symbols as a middle ground. My thought was a feather for light oil and an oil jack for crude

2 years ago

I reworked the old images and added new ones with symbols. I think the letters are much more visible. I could maybe add a white border to the symbols, but at any zoomed out level it's just going to be a mess of pixels.

New response