Colorblind Circuit Network

This mod replaces the green wires with yellow, and red with blue. Ideal for colorblind people to distinguish between them.

Tweaks
3 years ago
0.15 - 1.1

i selection of colors, and more options

6 years ago

I'm not colorblind, but (at least on my monitor) i have some other small problem :
- it's easy to find and see wires that are bright, useful while setting up some circuitry
- dim wires are halfway hidden, useful when looking at some finished circuitry and they don't distract from displays (nixies etc) that they cross over.

this mod finally allows me to have brighter yellow wires instead of dimmer green wires while creating circuitry. too bad that at the same times it turns brighter red wires to dimmer blue wires.
and when I'm finished it's just the opposite, better "hiding" red wires by making them blue, but at the same time also making the dim green wires bright yellow so that they now are more distracting.

would it be possible to add some mod configuration where people can select (and also later during the game switch) between all four colors to represent red wires, and select from the remaining other three colors to represent green wires ?
and maybe even add more colors (not to have more than two at the same time, but to have a larger selection, eg using cyan and pink wires for visibility, or dark blue and purple for "hiding" them).

there is some other functionality with wires that is available from two other mods: since blueprints already create circuit wires for free, those mods give wires for free too, or at least let people craft them without using up resources. it would be nice to have all those wire related functionalities in a single mod, eg by adding a checkmark in the mod configuration whether circuit wires use resources to craft and/or whether to adjust the stacksize of circuit wires to once create a huge stack and no longer require maintaining several stacks of them while settig up complicated circuitry.

1 year, 11 months ago

Hey, I realize I'm literally years late but I also wanted it to be customizable so I remade this as a new mod.
https://mods.factorio.com/mod/CustomCircuitColors

New response