Colonists

by jonkeda

You are not alone on the planet. Hundreds of pods have crashed on the planet and people are waiting to be saved. And you will need to keep them warm, fed and under a roof. Or they will get unhappy.

3 years ago
0.16 - 1.0

b Abandoned?

4 years ago
(updated 4 years ago)

This is another great mod. I really hope it has not been abandoned as it adds something that the base game should allow. At the moment, there are several bugs. Colonists doesn't seem to be functioning correct. I've tested all this several times without any other mods to no avail. Some bugs and suggestions as follows:

Bugs:

• Medium and Large houses will not recieve electricity even when fully powered.

• The colonists cannot be fed food. All houses, including the small house, will only recieve food (apples and oranges) even with all research maxed out. This makes it impossible to satisfy the "Happiness" progress bar. It just eventually drops to 1 and doesn't trigger an event or anything.

Suggestions:

• Remove the mining function from colonist pods and simply require them to be picked up for a time interval of ~5 seconds perhaps even accompanied by a hydraulic sound or something of the nature so as to simulate an escape pod opening.

• I would suggest putting the "Clone duplicator" after production science research as having such early access to it seems very unlikely and overpowered. It might also make more sense to change the graphic to a "Cloning facility" and name it so. The grind of exploring and collecting colonist pods should be averted by a reproduction system where the colonists multiple over time slowly depending on the pollution, heat and hunger factors. A recipe for an empty house would obviously need to be implemented for new colonists to populate via reproduction.

• The GUI is too visually invasive at this point. Please add a function for the GUI as a means of closing it so the player can view it only when necessary. Perhaps even nesting it to the left as a tall stack would be ideal.

• Postpone the colonist arrival data collection via communication dishes and everything related to that until after the first rocket has been launched. It doesn't make much sense that the Engineer needs to build a rocket to escape the planet when thier a colony ships already landing. He could just leave with them.

That's all I have for now. I can help with testing and graphics improvements. I really would like to help improve this potentially incredible mod. I have already modified the clone duplicator research requirements to appear more late game, modified the "insufficient workers ( X )" and colonist pod graphics to better versions of themselves. Please just send a message through to let us all know whether you're still working on this wonderful mod or not.

New response