Cleaned Concrete

Removes all ground decoration when placing stone path, concrete or refined concrete; supports modded tiles

Tweaks
5 months ago
0.18 - 1.1

g UPS issue

3 years ago

When i start massive paving the game go down from 450 UPS to 30 and sometimes to even lower and i have to restart the game
Then when i finish paving and restarting the game lost 200 UPS when nothing new added just the paving
That is on game version 1.0

3 years ago

Can you be a bit more specific? Are you saying that the UPS drops only while paving, or also after it's finished? Also, isn't UPS normally maxed at 60? Are you increasing the game speed?

3 years ago

Can you be a bit more specific? Are you saying that the UPS drops only while paving, or also after it's finished? Also, isn't UPS normally maxed at 60? Are you increasing the game speed? Also, what other mods are you running?

3 years ago
(updated 3 years ago)

yes i'm using a mod to increase game speed and i toggled all the mods off and still getting ups drops only when paving and this mod on when i disable this mod no UPS drops
and about the mods that i'm using not much :
Bobs's full mods , and micro furnaces and double speed belts

3 years ago

Does the UPS decrease continue after the paving is finished or does it only occur while you are paving? Are you doing it yourself or with bots? If with bots, how many are you using?

3 years ago

it will raise a bit but never go back to what it was before the paving it looses more than 50%, and i always going it bots and i always have from 5000 to 10000 construction bots

i tried that again yesterday and the same happen

what i think cause something related to pollution cause it spreads much faster after the paving, I'm not sure just trying to help

By the way i can help if you want, I'm an old developer and i own a well established software company specialized in transaction reconciliation business (Mainly banking)

3 years ago

The main reason I am asking is because I am almost certain that this mod is not causing the issues you are seeing. This is the github page for the mod since you are a developer: https://github.com/acankers/CleanedConcrete You can see that the mod does no actual operations, it merely changes some values that vanilla Factorio references.

As for the pollution spread, that seems a likely source of UPS decreases. You can hit F3 in game and select the "show-time-usage" to see what operations are slowing down your tick rate. Pollution should indeed spread much more heavily after the paving, because paved ground does not absorb any pollution, so it will spread out beyond your paved surfaces to find trees or natural ground to absorb it.

Let me know if that does not solve your issue, I suppose I could run your world locally to see if I can spot anything. Also, how large is your base? (chunk size, SPM, etc)

3 years ago

yes it is pollution when i disabled it the game back to normal sorry for wasting your time
and about my base it is big but very optimized
I'm using stacked recipe and recipe scaling together so with bobs modules i use so little machines to produce lots of staff for example 3 machines can make a full stacked (stacking size 100) green circuit belt and that belt speed is 480 per sec so it is 48000 green circuits per sec , the way i optimize it that i never build long belts, mainly undergrounds as possible and mostly loaders to output from very fast machines cause inserters at this rate of speed is UPS demanding too and i don't use main bus , only for the hub (the infrastructure area that build belts and inserters and machines ) and it is not stacked cause i notice in a previous play through that stacked main bus is very UPS demanding so i use trains to transfer stacked stuff and fluids between production areas instead of main bus and direct insertion are the best for saving UPS inserted of machine > belt/box > machine and even the small bus in the hub area is undergrounds only use belts in balancers or branching out of the bus
and micro furnaces really helped i was usually building huge smelting area now not any more 1 micro furnace can make a full belt what ever belt speed it is with modules and beceans but it is more power demanding off course but saved me more than 100 UPS alone cause no inserters at all in my smelting area too
i reached 800k SPM today and the game runs at 230 ~ 300 UPS at normal after disabling pollution and 60~100 during heavy biter attack or during artillery

after all thanks for you time

3 years ago

Glad you were able to figure it out. That sounds like a pretty cool factory. Pollution is usually something you have to turn off, either in the beginning, or part way through once the factory grows enough, especially with paving.

New response