Caves

Adds a cave system to the game that contains the resources instead of the normal surface.

Content
6 years ago
Mining

i Customizable cave/wall ratio ?

6 years ago

A mod option at startup where you could set how much open space would be in caves ?
some areas are littered with 1-5 cave wall tiles in a corridor and such as well, perhaps look into a way to set a smoothness of sorts ?

6 years ago

I looked into this; the problem is that so far i didn't find another configuration that was playable or looked fine.
i think if i find a way to make it more smooth, it might become an option.
but also i would like to not use the same settings everywhere but rather switch it occassionally, so that there could be hallways and cave segments...
i will keep it in mind, not sure what is possible though

6 years ago

I was experimenting with using biome properties for cave generation instead of the algorithm (to see if I could add an startup option for faster cave generation for multiplayer), results in more of a cavernous cave system than hallways ... but would be interesting to use that biome information to adjust the algorithm in a localized way. I'm planning on working on a "Select cave generator" startup dropdown setting, so it will be easier to switch between multiple generation strategies.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/y0ze06wz36wrbpl/Screenshot%202017-07-29%2020.33.01.png?dl=0

6 years ago

wow, looks quite impressive

New response