Oceanus 2

Adds a a game mode where you landed in an oceanic planet and ways to get materials from sea water but, can you still launch a rocket with only water?

3 years ago

g Modded ores productions?

3 years ago

I've tried, but it seems that modded ores cannot be produced at all in oceanus setting.
There's a way to enable them? I know Oceanus is intended as specific scenario, but it's very interesting and very funny,, then have chances to get even modded ores is very interesting.

3 years ago

I'll probably add bob ores in the future. But add all modded ores is a bit difficult balance-wise

3 years ago
(updated 3 years ago)

Could I suggest a process that scan all ores available and add a research for each of them found that give only that ore with 50% chances?
This can solve any balance problem allowing any mod to have his own ores without forcing a player to have a lot of unwanted ores from a mixed ore generation and to have a way to waste unused reaources in many ways.
For example, on a standard game I find a lot of copper ore that I go use for make landfill, but after I have enough land I cannot store them and then I make landfill just for compact them in storage, even if I dont use them effectively...
Most centered ores production can help solve this. After all coal is not a problem, if you do things well. ;)

3 years ago

The problem with modded ores is that we don't have only solid ores we have fluids too and those probably would require a hand-made recipe to make sense...

3 years ago
(updated 3 years ago)

I'm not in mods creation, but there's a way to make a sort of standard "transformation" of the recipe through original recipe for extraction/creation?

I've tried to check various mods for see how they was identifying ores, but being not in lua programming I don't know how do it...

3 years ago

It is possible to make new recipes based on available ores, change recipes is also possible (but I never did it before) I may be able to do something about fluid ores too but I'm having few problems right now and it can take some time so please be patient
Anyway thank you for your feedback and suggestions I'll see what I can do

3 years ago

Sorry for not be so useful in solve this kind o problems, but for the feedback dont worry, I can give it as I can give my gratitude for your hard work too.

3 years ago

Maybe hook into the data RSO gets from mods for ore generation to figure out how hard modded ores should be to generate. E.g. things inside the starting area must be available at the start or at most red science. Things outside can be red/green.

3 years ago

I agree that it would be nice with support for modded ores/fluids, I'm also thinking especially about Krastorio 2.

It can be done in a simple way and in a complex way. Luckily, as it usually requires more technology to process the advanced ores/fluids, you could just add one recipe for each type of ore.

However, as you seem to at the moment have one recipe that gives many ores, it might be a bit more tricky to automatically group them up, but it could be possible. For example, you can estimate how complex something is by checking how deep it is in the technology tree and group similar ones in the same recipe. Didn't say it would be trivial, but it's possible.

Naturally though, manual support for specific mods (Bob's, Angel's, Krastorio 2) is probably the best approach to make sure it's properly balanced.

3 years ago

I would start with something simple that adds support for any ore. As mentioned RSO data might gies some indication for abundance and difficulty to use. Then provide a hook for mods to define ore groups and balances so they can fine tune it.

The actual definition of those groups should stay with Bob's, Angels, Kastorio so the mod authors can easily adjust them when they change something.

3 years ago
(updated 3 years ago)

A little tricky idea.
Can be the recipes made "variable" based on ore settings?
For example if you make it abundant, a recipe has a bigger chance to obtain it, if you make it "scarse" you have a lower chance?
Example, average is 50-60%, based on recipe without or with water, but for scarce it can be 20-30 and for abundant set it can be 70-80%.
Just a thought on a formula that can be created before doing the great part of scritp adaptation ad be force to do again the job for try this fix.
This way a game can be balanced on the player preference.
After all the algae pulp is fixed and can be obtained as usual giving a good coal source for keep boilers do the job, then coal is "out of line" except for the standard ore refining, that is a different part of the job.
I remember how, on my first run, I've found so hard get electricity active because I was using only coal from ore refining recipe only. :P
When discovered the algae pulp purpose I've cleared all and started again. :D

New response