Don't break my wires!

by Ecconia

Allows you to "move" entities without loosing their settings and wire-connections.

Utilities
4 years ago

i DevBlog

4 years ago

As I stated on the default page, there are a bunch of bugs still around. And something I would love to improve.
However this is my first mod, and thus its kind of difficult to handle the API - still.

The current behavior is, that an entity will be inserted into the player's cursor. However this adds 1 item to the inventory and in the worst case removes whatever the player had been holding before.
-> I could manually clear the cursor, by inserting whatever I removed from the cursor manually to the inventory again.
Regards adding, it is possible to add a blueprint to the cursor and add an item to it. But that however requires me to set the position of that item relative to the blueprint grid. That is not a trivial matter, since some blocks have their center at x.5 so I don't know where to place it relative to the cursor :/ A workaround for that would be to create a blueprint by API - if that is possible....

So that is my current issue with the mod, that I need to somehow create blueprints.

Other:
- I still don't know what to do with ghost entities (on pickup). But I guess one can just move that ghost entity as is. Well that's a feature and comes later.

If someone is experienced with the API, feel free to contact me somewhere :)

New response