Braver New World deprecated

RTS-like scenario for Factorio. Player character is removed, all work must be done by bots. Minimal 0.18 port of Brave New World by candidae, ported by Sladki, published by Omnifarious.

3 years ago
0.18 - 1.0

b Unable to place train

3 years ago
(updated 3 years ago)

I have plenty of trains and rails, but I am unable to place trains on my rails. The ghost just doesn't place. Any ideas out there?

3 years ago

Well, one emergency idea is to blueprint a train on some tracks in another game and place that blueprint instead of trying to place the train. That should work.

Otherwise, this is a confusing issue. Placing a train should work. I'll test it out sometime soon.

3 years ago
(updated 3 years ago)

I verified this issue. I also verified that my blueprint solution would work. I'm going to be thinking about how to solve it. I feel like, to some extent, this is a game bug. I did get the ghost to place once, but only once.

In a creative mode game I got ghost placement to sort of work, but only if I slid the train along the tracks, which then frequently resulted in multiple ghosts. In Braver New World that technique didn't work at all.

New response