Braver New World deprecated

RTS-like scenario for Factorio. Player character is removed, all work must be done by bots. Minimal 0.18 port of Brave New World by candidae, ported by Sladki, published by Omnifarious.

3 years ago
0.18 - 1.0

g Is there anyway to use the spidertron with Braver New World ?

3 years ago

Since the robot can't place it and there is no way to have something in the inventory, I'm quite concerned about the use of the spidertron. Any solution I can try on my own ?

3 years ago
(updated 3 years ago)

If you notice, I released an update to this mod to make it work with spidertron within a day of the release of 1.0.

Unfortunately, if you started a game before then, you won't have that change since this mod is mostly a scenario, and scenarios get stored in the savegame file. :-/

Even before this change tanks and cars already worked. The game has exceptions for certain things. It allows wires, modules, artillery remotes, tanks, and equipment grid items (for loading into vehicle equipment grids) in your inventory. It also possibly allows a smattering of other things. I'd have to look at the code for the complete list.

The reasons it allows this is because (as you pointed out) there is no way to have robots place these things easily. Modules, and wires, sort of, if they're already part of a blueprint. But not if they weren't, which made creating a new blueprint with wires and modules impossible.

And I added the spidertron remote and spidertron to this list.

Unfortunately, spidertron cannot be loaded with inserter arms. So there isn't really a way to manipulate spidertron's inventory or load it with rockets. But you can load up its equipment grid, and so with lasers it can still take on an attack role. But not being able to load its inventory means you can't really have it be a remote base builder.

So, the short answer is that if you started a game very recently with the newest version of BNW, spidertron will work fine for you, mostly.

3 years ago

Thanks ! It's awesome. I'm still at the beginning so I didn't know for the few exception, it's nice to know. I have a mod for grid equipment which allow logistic call so I think I will be able to make it work fine. Thanks for your awesome job ! Sorry to have disturbed you for something already in the mod.

3 years ago

If you load a chest with what you want the spider to have and then get the spider to dismantle the chest, you can put stuff into it that way.

3 years ago

You can also load some initial construction robots by holding F and wiggling around on top of an inserter which is leaving the bots on the ground. From there you can deconstruct logistic chests containing what you want.

New response