Braver New World deprecated

RTS-like scenario for Factorio. Player character is removed, all work must be done by bots. Minimal 0.18 port of Brave New World by candidae, ported by Sladki, published by Omnifarious.

3 years ago
0.18 - 1.0

g Not enough chests at the start?

3 years ago

I do not understand how to develop to the crafting of logistics chests having initially only 4 supply chests? After all, the items needed for the construction of the base are much more.
To develop normally, I had to add 40 chests of passive supply at the start (changed in the mod's configuration files).
Can someone tell me how he survived with 4 chests? )

3 years ago

You're supposed to move those chests around as you set up temporary factories to build initial supplies, then built belt-based factories to manufacture things, including more supply chests.

3 years ago

How to move them if the chests into which the conveyor, manipulator, assembling machine, splitter, underground conveyor will be lifted forever - there are already 5 chests. This is unrealistic - terrible microcontrol, and even at the start of the game, when there is so much routine.
My experience shows that 35-40 chests of passive supply, just enough before the start of their production.

3 years ago
(updated 3 years ago)

Someone actually did a whole livestream up to a rocket launch in which they managed with the initial selection of chests until they could manufacture more. I've managed games where I've gotten far enough to manufacture more chests with the initial selection of chests. It's a little tricky, and sometimes a bit fiddly, but it's doable. And like the burner phase of Factorio, it's that way on purpose.

3 years ago

Yes, I saw this walkthrough. His world is simplified, and still it is very long and tedious.
I think for most players it will be too difficult.
Therefore, I will write how to change the number of passive supply chests.
It is necessary in the text editor in the control.lua file to change the value to the desired one in the line: chest_inventory.insert {name = "logistic-chest-passive-provider", count = 4}
File path: C: \ Users \ ... \ AppData \ Roaming \ Factorio \ mods \ Braver_New_World_3.3.0.zip \ Braver_New_World_3.3.0 \ scenarios \ bnw
Braver_New_World_3.3.0.zip is an archive, so you need to extract the file before editing, and then pack it again.

3 years ago

I know how to do that. I may choose to make this a startup option. I do not think it's an appropriate default. The beginning is supposed to be difficult, and that's part of the challenge of this mod.

3 years ago

I do not ask to remodel the mod. I left this for those users of the mod who also don’t like the small number of chests.
I have a new problem) How to use trains? How to install a locomotive and wagons - with the help of ghosts does not work out.

3 years ago

I found a way to install trains - this can be done using the drawings.

3 years ago

I need to try that myself. I know that recent versions of Factorio make trains blueprintable. But if you don't have any trains blueprinted, creating the first one seems like it would be hard. Unless you can shift-click them into rails.

New response