Big Menz's Research Pack

This mod adds general researches that benefit the play. List includes: Player Craft Speed, Player Mine Speed, Extended Reach, Inventory Slots, Health, Running Speed, Number of Quickbars, Research Speed & Research Productivity

Overhaul
6 years ago
0.14 - 0.16

i Ideas and Suggestions

7 years ago

Please pop any suggestions in here and I will get around to implementing them.

7 years ago

Alien artifact pick up range.
Mining range.

7 years ago

Ive noticed that when finishing research for player inventory capacity, with other mods installed that modify inventory capacity, the inventory slots are actually disappearing, dropping excess items on the ground around character. That happened to me after researching lvl 4 or 5 and onward...
Pretty sure it conflicts with other mods. I do have LargerInventory and BigBags mods.
Great mod othervise. Thanks.

7 years ago

Hi Bro
I tried out your mod its cool, but I think I have some improvements for the code that will clean up how it looks in game.

First make the technology tiered. This means the research panel wont be filled up. So they are hidden until you research what come before it and then hides when the next lvl tech is researched. It is just a lot cleaner looking. You seem to have already tried setting this up as you added the line
upgrade = true,
The problem however is how you named the technologies. There is a certain method so that this effect happens correctly.
Here is the nameing examples for the iventory slots techs. The first must be a normal name but doesn't actualy need a dash and number and then all following has a dash and a number.
name="inventoryslots-1", or name="inventoryslots",
name="inventoryslots-2",
name="inventoryslots-3",
Remember to change the prerequisites lines and the control lua for the names as well. You will only need to define the name without a dash and number in localization file and all the other techs will inherit that name with the added number.
inventoryslots = Player Inventory Slots Upgrade

I have already tried out everything I wrote here on your mod it works and I hope you will fix this for all your techs as your fans will like that.

Remember you will need to write a migration file since you will be changing names. This is so older saves with the previous version of the mod wont break.

7 years ago

Cheers for the feedback guys.

diongam we don't want to make the game too easy!! Also I can see having a much larger pickup area would cause issues in your factories if you were trying to pick up certain items along assembly lines.

GurenMKII, I have updated the mod to get the current bonus effect you have and then add the extra slots on top of that (to help it work better with other mods).

laighe, thanks for the feedback. I was trying to get it to work like that the first time but didn't know how to get them to combine in the tech screen! Couldn't find any information on Google about it.

I think I've updated the migration file correctly (fingers crossed!), but if you see any dramas with it please let me know.

Thanks again guys!

New response