Big Lab

A Big Lab that process your science quickier and accepts more modules. From Liquify Science and Big Lab.

4 years ago
0.17 - 0.18

i Compatibility Bob's Logistics & Angel's Bio Processing

4 years ago

I've noticed that the big lab doesn't have a slot for Bob's Logistic Science Pack and there was no compatibility to angel's exploration token from Bio Processing.
After digging in the code, i noticed bob's named the logistic science pack "advanced-logistic-science-pack" instead of "logistic-science-pack".
The angel's science is less game breaking to me than the bob's logistic, but would be nice if the bigger lab matched the smaller one. :P

4 years ago

Oh and possible side idea: when bob's tech is present, perhaps allow for a big lab mk2 to match bob's science lab mk2?

4 years ago
(updated 4 years ago)

Managed to find the problem.

Go to the mod file. Find \prototypes\biglab.lua

ctrl+f and put in {{ if (mods['bobtech']) then }} without the outside double brackets. Beneath this you'll find the inputs allowed for the big lab in game. Replace the second "logistic-science-pack", with "advanced-logistic-science-pack", and then remove all the '---' before the various science packs. This will allow the big lab to accept all bobs tech science including all the alien science packs.

I don't know why the final build of this mod got posted with these lines commented out, but that fixed it for me. I also bumped the lab up to 12 modules because I intend to run a challenge mode where I only use a single big lab for all my research right up through Space-X launch mania. I figure twelve speed modules with max level bobs belts feeding it with attached loaders should be entertaining. I'm scared of the power drain it's going to take though. Especially once I start beaconing this beast.

Should be fun! Cheers friend, grow the factory!

New response