Ballast's Bolognese Modpack

This modpack is specially assembled to monumentally increase the intricacy and asperity of the base game with Bob's mods, Angel's mods, Yuoki Industries, Space Exploration, AAI, Logistics Trains, Pyanodons mods and more. Fixed incompatibilities, missing mods and included the better monster stuff.

Mod packs
4 years ago
0.17 - 0.18

b [SOLVED]v18 Error Loading Mods

4 years ago

Hi,

I am using version 18.18.
When I attempt to load the mods I get a conflict due to the "engine-unit" recipe having duplicate ingredients (small-parts-01 exists 2 or more times). This leads to some mods being disabled that are depended on by a TON of others (pypetroleumhandling, angelsrefining,aai-industry).

Could you please advise?

Those mods have been getting updates, but the compatibility patch hasn't. I suggest downgrading the conflicting mods.
Updating mods might break something, a good idea for a prolonged game is to stay on one version that is confirmed to be stable.
pypetroleumhandling_1.6.9
angelsrefining_0.11.4
aai-industry_0.4.4
these versions seem to work fine, although problems with other mods might appear instead

4 years ago
(updated 4 years ago)

I have been having various erros upon loading mods, currently it is an 'electric-motor-1.png not found' that is preventing me from launching.

How can I get specific older versions? Assuming I'm starting from scratch, how can I get the combination of working mod versions that you recommend and start playing?

Is there a downloadable archive with the set of working versions that you could make available?

4 years ago

I'm having issues too with solder and other recipes

4 years ago

I have spent a few hours trying to get a working pack but the problem is when you downgrade those 3 mods you mentioned above @NigglingBallastLB, a whole load of other mods start being incompatible because they are also newer versions that want the newer version of those, leading to a trial and error process of installing old versions and checking what still does not want to load. Unfortunately, with the pack size, checking after every change means reloading the mods and takes 5-10minutes and is not feasible.

4 years ago

So i want to try the pack, but got the mentioned Problem, when i try to install from the game i many updates dont fit to the version on the Downloadpage.
So i it will not work because incompatible mods.
A zip file or something like that would be great and more convient, that the try and error Furgas has to do.

4 years ago
(updated 4 years ago)

I have uploaded a version with preset mod versions, hopefully I did not miss anything. We use these versions with Factorio 0.18.15, haven't had a single desync in 190 hours, although some dependencies might be missing, so it could take 2 startups the first time for everything to work properly.

4 years ago

Thank you. Is there any way to install these automatically rather than one by one manually from the website?
If I try to install through the mod browser, it is only able to access the latest versions, so it fails to install dependencies on every single mod out there.

4 years ago

Same Problem - impossible to install. Any chance you provide a zip that works for you?

4 years ago
(updated 4 years ago)

I guess we will have to use ModMyFactory for mod managing instead, since the built-in mod manager does not support getting older versions of mods.
Also uploading an archive of all the mods themselves would be a tad illegal, not all mods have licences that allow that.

4 years ago

I have got it to work by using ModMyFactory. The latest download has the .FMP file that allows importing the mod versions into ModMyFactory. After importing, if you attempt to download all dependencies it will give you one error for Logistics Train Network as the version specified is not available. I have added the latest LTN version and everything launched fine.

On another note, what are your recommended settings @NigglingBallastLB? I have reduced the time factor for evolution from 40 to 10, as I idle a lot and want it mainly driven by pollution and destruction. I have attempted to also increase the resource size and richness to compensate for the expensive recipes and expensive technology I have chosen (and I prefer expansion to be driven to increase throughput rather than to replace old patches constantly), though regardless of the richness I select, when the actual map is generated the ore patches are always very small. For example, my saphirite ore patch is only 225k, starting coal is 188k. Those will not last long at all, given that you need 10 for a single plate. I have tried launching with 150%, 300%, and 600% richness, but the patches remain thin.

The richness greatly increases with distance from center, reaching 5-10 million within one radar's range. As for evolution, I suggest that time factor be decreased even more or even to 0, this modpack takes a lot of time. Also for resources, a Core mining drill can be used quite early on, it gives quite a few different ores in good quantity.

4 years ago
(updated 4 years ago)

Also, I uploaded an update, so that hopefully LTN(1.12.10) can be downloaded with no problems

4 years ago

okay ModMyFactory is the way to go. Thank you

New response