Ballast's Bolognese Modpack

This modpack is specially assembled to monumentally increase the intricacy and asperity of the base game with Bob's mods, Angel's mods, Yuoki Industries, Space Exploration, AAI, Logistics Trains, Pyanodons mods and more. Fixed incompatibilities, missing mods and included the better monster stuff.

Mod packs
3 years ago
0.17 - 0.18

b Getting Constant Desyncs with MP.

4 years ago

At first it was only my buddy getting desynced, but now im getting it constantly as well. Anyone know of a way to help narrow it down? The logs don't seem to be of any use at all. We are running 0.3.7 version of the MP on 0.17.79

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1HiwbajaJZItyvQVWL5TNU5B9VPt_mUFm

4 years ago

the easy way is try load last save from server, in single player and back again.

4 years ago

So far it seems to have been an issue with Mining Depots and Mining Drones. Possibility of the problem stemming from them trying to mine an ore that has had a structure placed on it. But I will keep looking into it if it continues to happen.

4 years ago

First i think is a pause game when someone try join.
Its really work as far i know. Sometimes ppl who join on my server they get desync when i rotate the belts or insterter.

4 years ago
(updated 4 years ago)

Getting rid of the mining depots fixed it for me for now.however sometimes the desync happens out of the blue. Both of us were just eating doing nothing in game and it happened. Wish the log was a little more descriptive of such cases.

The desync could be caused by something as simple as a rounding error. where a depot with 20 miners goes to mine and the 20th miner goes and mines ore at position [29,23] on the client but on the server it goes for [28,23] But without better logging this is just a speculation.

New response