Ballast's Bolognese Modpack

This modpack is specially assembled to monumentally increase the intricacy and asperity of the base game with Bob's mods, Angel's mods, Yuoki Industries, Space Exploration, AAI, Logistics Trains, Pyanodons mods and more. Fixed incompatibilities, missing mods and included the better monster stuff.

Mod packs
3 years ago
0.17 - 0.18

g Which version mod/factorio to make stable server?

4 years ago

Hello, I would like to set up a server for my friends.
However, we've currently hosted version 3.7 on factorio 0.17.79
The question is
which will be the most stable?
Below I paste a server one of the cheaper ones that can barely handle this package and I don't know what to aim for.
Has anyone encountered similar problems?

https://i.imgur.com/XuZrVZh.png

For mid-game it seems like 4GB of memory ir necessary, also a decent dual/quad core processor. With worse gear players might get dropped out of the server or experience bad performance. If some mod's options are tweaked, marginally better performance can be achieved. Also be careful with flying planes into ungenerated regions, that is quite taxing for the server. As for versions, probably the most stable and predictable experience would be on the same 0.3.7. and 0.17.79 factorio. It could get problematic to ensure that all players have the same version for all mods if you try to go for 0.18.x factorio, you never know when a mod might break and factorio .18 is still marked as experimental as far as I know.

4 years ago

Thanks!

New response