Ballast's Bolognese Modpack

This modpack is specially assembled to monumentally increase the intricacy and asperity of the base game with Bob's mods, Angel's mods, Yuoki Industries, Space Exploration, AAI, Logistics Trains, Pyanodons mods and more. Fixed incompatibilities, missing mods and included the better monster stuff.

Mod packs
4 years ago
0.17 - 0.18

g Resource Settings

4 years ago
(updated 4 years ago)

Hi & Thank You so Much for putting all of this together! I am posting here to ask for some advice on map generation & resource settings. I messed around with it a little today but noticed some types of resources spawn considerably larger patch sizes than others, is this an RSO issue? Do you have recommendations of which resources should have there sizes not maxed out? I love having HUGE resource patches of low numbers to "clean up", but I am afraid with the sizes I see that many resources will be overlapped & not spawned. Just 1 example is a Lead patch near my spawn, it seems to cover hundreds of chunks, while the 2 resources I found that could be converted into dust then Iron & Copper plates spawned rather small size patches, I maxed all sizes. Sorry for the rant, I am new to all of these mods, if anyone could offer some advice on settings for my "perfect map" I'd really appreciate it. I am afraid of investing hundreds of hours to fall short on resource xyz.

4 years ago

+1
looking also for a good setting

4 years ago
(updated 4 years ago)

Sadly RSO is not included in this modpack due to a conflict with Space Exploration. With this many different ores, the vanilla spawning system cannot make big patches that are also very far away from eachother, but you can always just crank up the richness. As for the starting resources, they should always be present in the starting area.
Overlapping patches might be a problem, but you should eventually be able to find the rare ores at least somewhere, even if it is after a long exploitative exploration into the native's lands. But if things really don't work out, there are always console commands to spawn in the missing resource patches.
In each ore's configuration file there are different settings for base frequency, richness and minimum and maximum ore patch sizes, so at the same in-game settings some ores are more plentiful than others.
If you desperately want a perfect map, you can try to adapt Oreverhaul to work with all ores in this modpack and not just Angel's and Bob's ores. I do not know how compatible Oreverhaul(Angel) is out of the box. Sorry i couldn't be of more help and thank you for your feedback

4 years ago

How can i spawn pre patches ?

i try the command from Wiki

"
/c local surface=game.player.surface
local ore=nil
local size=5
local density=50
for y=-size, size do
for x=-size, size do
a=(size+1-math.abs(x))10
b=(size+1-math.abs(y))
if a<b then
ore=math.random(adensity-a(density-8), adensity+a(density-8))
end
if b<a then
ore=math.random(bdensity-b(density-8), bdensity+b(density-8))
end
if surface.get_tile(game.player.position.x+x, game.player.position.y+y).collides_with("ground-tile") then
surface.create_entity({name="sapphire-ore", amount=ore, position={game.player.position.x+x, game.player.position.y+y}})
end
end
end
"

but
y-ore1
y-ore2
sapphire-ore etc nothing works only Coal works how can i find the raw names for the ore ?
thanks alot

The ore codewords can usually be found in the game or mod files, for Bob's ores, some codewords are inside the data.lua file, which can be opened with a text editor, (in %appdata%/Factorio/mods) eg.
require("prototypes.tin-ore")
require("prototypes.lead-ore")
require("prototypes.quartz")
also you can try going through other text files or graphics folders, where you will find crude-oil.png in steamapps/common/Factorio/data/base/graphics/entity/crude-oil. Those codewords should work (unless the ores are called ore-1 :) Also, the sapphire ore might be gem-ore or saphirite-ore(angels-ore1 (from Angel's refining locale/en/ore-refining.cfg)) instead.

New response