Annotorio

Settle your island and grow your settlement. A total conversion mod for Factorio.

Overhaul
4 years ago

i Love what you did there

4 years ago

I really love Anno and I really love factorio. Thanks for that gem.

I played the playable content so far and I'm really curious about what comes next. Here comes a few things that came in mind/bothered me/I would expect:

• The Hitboxes of the Entities are not aligned with the the graphical representations. It is for example possible to place a weaver into a sheep a sheep farm.
  • the picker does not work properly on all entities. Pressing q on a marketplace for example doesn't let you place another one. Not even a ghost entity.
  • Storage is not connected for all of the resources. I don't know whether this is intended but thinking of Anno there should be a mechanic to share all the resources between marketplaces.
  • There's no way to cross belts since there is no research for undergrounds or splitters. My Idea would be to get rid of belts completely and to use the route mechanic you already introduced for fishing. That would simulate the workers going to different facilities gathering what they need.
  • Animated farms would be nice. I'm thinking of sheep moving at the farm.
  • What exactly does the Gold production of my kontor mean?

I guess most of those things were already in your mind. Is there a repository maybe on github for contributing?
Keep up the great work.
- MorionHD

4 years ago

Thank you for your interest.
-I will make an update tonight which will contain hitbox fixes and underground belts.
-We will see if i can fix the picker function.
-I fear that if i allow connected storage of all resources that the framerate is going to suffer. I also wont use fishing routes which are in reality pipes since factorio wont prevent fluids from mixing/interfering.
-Animations are not out of the question but realy low priority now
-Gold production of the Kontor means that some of the gold stored in the Kontor is being spent.

I will setup a repository this week but i cant release raw grafic files of everything.

4 years ago

Keep this up. This is fantastic. I love seeing people make their visions come to fruition. I'll be following this mod!

4 years ago
(updated 4 years ago)

Nice patch there.
Thanks for splitters, undergrounds and everything at a minimal crafting speed. I Like that.

Didn't thought about the fishing routes being pipes. I thought it was magic. But it's quiet obvious now that know it.
Took a little while to really understand the "kontor spending gold" thing. But also pretty obvious.
A few other things:

• You seem to use a special entity for the wooden belts. It is not possible to fast replace those.
  • Not all the recipes seem to appear in the crafting menu. To calculate the ratios for cloth you have to build the sheep farm first to see at which ratio the wool is produced.
  • The area of effect of market places and the kontor is larger than their cable range. Don't know if intended.
  • It is not possible to deconstruct young trees. In my first try I built the forester first, filled it with seeds and couldn't build anything around it because there were young trees everywhere.
  • It's pretty dark. Are you planning for a lighting mechanic? I will circumvent this for now with another mod. Would be an idea for another dependency.

And as always, keep up the great work.
- MorionHD

4 years ago
(updated 4 years ago)

As Webby from Annozone i like it, an some of my Members plays it soon too :)

Greets
Charles

4 years ago
(updated 4 years ago)

That is great to hear, we could not grow with out word of mouth. Dont hold back if you find any bugs.
Edit: Thank you for the donation. I will get a poliigon subscription which will get us arround 30 high ress textures a month.

New response