Aircaft Drones

Death from above! Build autonomous flying drones and launch airstrikes on those pesky bugs.

a month ago
1.0 - 1.1

g Rampant/Biter Mod Support

15 days ago

I'm playing with rampant right now, and as much as I love the mod, I feel it is only useful for testing the walls on my base. For example, I launched 9 napalm drones on a singular hive. The hive took a staggering 2,100 points of damage, out of its 4 thousand. Within about 30 seconds, it was back at max health. This is not including the 30 or so biters nearby, who were all at full health by the time they reached my wall 100m away. I understand that Rampant and the like are meant to be challenging, but it seems the only viable option to use this mod is using nukes, which mess up the terrain and it is too expensive to fire 5 at a single hive.

So, my suggestion is to add some sliders in the mod settings, such as 'napalm duration' and 'napalm damage.' I know I should probably just find a way to edit the file, but I figured that bringing up the challenge of difficulty scaling relative to biter mods would help anyone in the same situation. It'd be a good way to allow anyone to change their personal difficulty to suit them, over having one set value hard-coded into the mod.

13 days ago

I've actually noticed that problem too, not with Rampant, but with Krastorio. I did go back using the explosive rockets, if these are changed by mods like Krastorio or Rampant, the drones will automatically use the changed version.
But you can tweak a lot of settings in the control.lua file yourself in the top section with the global variables. I just didn't include all that as official settings.

For example the number ROCKET_DEFINITION will mean that the gunship drone will use 8 napalm rockets per attack:
{"as_napalm_rocket", "as_napalm_rocket_item", 8, true},

SPOTTING_TARGETS = 2 is the number of targets (i.e. bombing missions) per spotted nest, a spotting mission will set.

The damage of the napalm rockets is configured in the data.lua file in the section "local NAPALM_ROCKET". But I'm not 100% sure if it's possible to change the fire damage, it may be possible that fire always does the same damage, and you can only configure the explosive damage.

11 days ago

I've tried changing stuff, but using 7zip I can't get factorio to recognize it. What zipping app do you use?

9 days ago

You have to unpack it. Just unzip the ZIP into the modfolder and delete the ZIP, doesnt matter which program you use.

New response