Aircaft Drones

Death from above! Build autonomous flying drones and launch airstrikes on those pesky bugs.

17 days ago
1.0 - 1.1

g Rockets from mods

3 years ago

Let the planes use any missiles that a regular rocket launcher can use.
How to do it? Well, the weapon isn't broadcasting its list of available ammo anywhere? I don't know Lua, but maybe there is some class/function you can use for this?

3 years ago
(updated 3 years ago)

In the HeavyTank mod, tanks with rocket launchers can use any missiles from any mods I've used. You can try asking him about it.

3 years ago

Using modded rockets is no problem, but a few additional parameters need to be defined. That is done in the ROCKET_DEFINITION table at the top of the control.lua file.

First value is missile name, second value the missile item name (usually these are the same), third value is the number of used missiles per attack, fourth value defines if flying fortresses should use twice as much rockets as gunships.

Try to add the rockets you want to use yourself like I did here with the "some-rocket" example. If you tell me the names and amounts I can add it in the next update...

ROCKET_DEFINITION = {
-- spawned missile name, name of original missile item, number of spawned missiles, use plane rocket multiplicator
{"as_rocket", "rocket", 8, true},
{"as_explosive_rocket", "explosive-rocket", 4, true},
{"as_napalm_rocket", "as_napalm_rocket_item", 6, true},
{"as_atomic_bomb", "atomic-bomb", 1, false},
{"some-rocket", "some-rocket", 10, true},
}

3 years ago

Is there a universal method that can support non-specified types of missiles?

3 years ago
(updated 3 years ago)

I started trying to learn modding for Factorio today. Does ammunition have a parameter that determines use use of a particular type of weapon?

3 years ago

For example, tanks from HeavyTank can use bob-flame-rocket and other missiles from bobwarfare, but even Total Commander does not find the string "bob-flame-rocket" in the HeavyTank files, this string is only in the bobwarfare and angelsexploration mod files. Then why can HeavyTank use these missiles? This mod received these missiles automatically, because it has a code for this and this code does not require manual addition of these missiles.
https://ibb.co/J7g0mV7
https://ibb.co/NnmbCkM
https://ibb.co/pywDh8D

3 years ago

Oh, I think I get it. Did you choose this method to subtly control the use of each type of missile?

3 years ago
(updated 3 years ago)

This is all I can do. I hope you can help me solve these errors.

-- bobwarfare rockets
-- {"bob-rocket", "bob-rocket", 6, true}, no damage
-- {"bob-piercing-rocket", "bob-piercing-rocket", 6, true}, no damage
-- {"bob-electric-rocket", "bob-electric-rocket", 6, true}, no damage
-- {"bob-impact-rocket", "bob-impact-rocket", 6, true}, error loading save game
-- {"bob-plasma-rocket=", "bob-plasma-rocket=", 6, true}, error loading save game
{"bob-explosive-rocket", "bob-explosive-rocket", 6, true}, -- OK
{"bob-flame-rocket", "bob-flame-rocket", 6, true}, -- OK
{"bob-poison-rocket", "bob-poison-rocket", 6, true}, -- OK
{"bob-acid-rocket", "bob-acid-rocket", 6, true}, -- OK

-- Rampant Arsenal rockets (Shooting error)
-- {"bio-rocket-ammo-rampant-arsenal", "bio-rocket-ammo-rampant-arsenal", 6, true},
-- {"he-rocket-ammo-rampant-arsenal", "he-rocket-ammo-rampant-arsenal", 6, true},
-- {"incendiary-rocket-ammo-rampant-arsenal", "incendiary-rocket-ammo-rampant-arsenal", 6, true},
-- These capsules are not meant for a rocket launcher, but damn, I want to use it with these UAVs!
-- {"cluster-grenade-capsule-ammo-rampant-arsenal", "cluster-grenade-capsule-ammo-rampant-arsenal", 1, true},

-- Natural Evolution Buildings rockets
-- {"NE-Napalm-Rocket", "NE-Napalm-Rocket", 6, true}, no damage

New response