Aircaft Drones

Death from above! Build autonomous flying drones and launch airstrikes on those pesky bugs.

16 days ago
1.0 - 1.1

b Error loading existing Bobangel save

3 years ago

The mod Aircaft Drones (1.1.0) caused a non-recoverable error.
Please report this error to the mod author.

Error while running event AircraftDrones::on_configuration_changed
AircraftDrones/control.lua:258: attempt to compare table with number
stack traceback:
?AircraftDrones/control.lua:258: in function
<AircraftDrones/control.lua:244>

Sorry for my english, this is a translator.

3 years ago

Should be fixed in version 1.1.1

3 years ago

Can confirm it's not only BobAngel.

I had trouble loading mine in a Space Exploration save. Same error.

Is this going to be a hotfix or should I disable the mod until next update?

Seems the issue is still there, but now the error is at line 126 instead of line 258.

3 years ago

Stay on version 1.0.7 that should work.
I don't understand why this is happening, I can't reproduce it. I'm checking it...

3 years ago

I think I fixed it in v 1.1.2. I hope...

When you update you should see an info message: [AircraftDrones] Savegame updated to mod version 1.1
If you see that everything should be fine.

3 years ago

Just tested it. Issue still occurs; reported error at line 131.

3 years ago

I'll do you a favor and try to pinpoint which mod interaction appears to be causing the error on my end

3 years ago

...It literally happens only with Aircraft and Aircraft Drones loaded while attempting to load a previously created save.

Note that it does NOT happen on a previous save.

Want me to send you my save file?

3 years ago

For what it's worth, looking at the actual error logs (and it may be unrelated) but the error always happens after AAI Programmable Structures checks for errors.

3 years ago
(updated 3 years ago)

And this is the first time you add the mod to your save, or are you updating from version 1.1.0 to a higher version?

In version 1.1.0 I made an error in the mod-configuration. If you started with that version you might be stuck with a broken config. For now I can only think of two solutions:

• load your game with version 1.0.7
  • save your game
  • update to version 1.1.1 or 1.1.2

or

• remove the mod completely
  • load your game, save your game
  • use version 1.1.1 or 1.1.2

The second way will remove all items and buildings from the mod.
Backup your savegame first...

3 years ago

It was actually a save I hadn't loaded since Version 1.0.7 I believe.

Either way - I'm actually going to try going into the save and mod config files to nuke mentions of the Aircraft Drones mod and see where that leads me. (I've done that in the past - previous playthrough I was using the recycling machines mod, that had a bug where it prevented the game from loading if a specific setting was set below a threshold value)

3 years ago

Couldn't do that, going to try the first solution.

3 years ago

You can also send me your save if you want (and a list of your mods including their versions), maybe I can still find a way to fix this. I don't think it has anything to do with other mods, it must be the 1.1.0 bug.

Either upload it somewhere or send it to me on Discord: IngoKnieto#4925
I'll check it tomorrow...

3 years ago

Just checked - starting from 1.0.7 and upgrading to 1.1.1 or 1.1.2 still doesn't fix the issue.

I've added you on Discord.

3 years ago
(updated 3 years ago)

Back in version 1.1.0 the 'global.version' variable is set to a table, therefore you will have to change the version check to something different

So swap this 'not global.version or global.version < 1' from the 'on_configuration_changed' function to just use a custom function like this:

local function isVersionOlder(version)
      if not global.version then
            return true
      end
      if type(global.version) == "table" then
            return true
      else
            return global.version < version
      end
end

So the if statement would be 'if isVersionOlder(1)' then instead.

That should fix the issue for migrating from the versions that had the line 'global.version = global.version or {}'.

3 years ago

Yeah, I was trying to fix it with: if global.version == {} I forgot that you can't do that with tables :)
Now I'm using the correct fix with: if type(global.version) == "table"

Thanks everybody, and thanks to HURTZCO for sending me the savegame - that helped me figuring this out. Version 1.1.3 should work now.

3 years ago

Thanks for your help! I have installed update 1.1.3, everything works for the moment.

New response