Advanced Drills

by Neomore

This mod adds 3 new tiers of drills for faster mining.

Content
3 years ago
0.13 - 1.1
Mining

g More Pollution

3 years ago

I love this mod, it fills a Gap and offers the ability to get enough resources out of small batches in proper time.

I also like the fact, that power needs of higher tiers of the drills scale properly, double output needs double the energy cost.
Though the reduction of Pollution feels like cheating: If I break apart twice the amount of ore, then it should generate more pollution, the same way more power is needed for. I ramped up Emissions to 1.6 times with each tier, maybe even a full scale of 2.0x would be fair.

Thanks for creating this great mod!

3 years ago
(updated 3 years ago)

While I appreciate the suggestion, the fact is that no machines in Factorio works that way. I base how I balance mods on the base game, and every machine with multiple tiers always lowers pollution for the higher tiers, at the expense of increased power. The only upgraded machine that doesn't do this is the Steel Furnace, which has exactly twice the pollution, fuel consumption, and speed of the Stone Furnace, and exists solely as a space-saver.

That said, thank you for the kind words. If I make changes going forward, I will keep this in mind

2 years ago

I actually really appreciate that you followed the same balance as other machines in Factorio - I really had to hunt for a mod that did

2 years ago
(updated 2 years ago)

edit: deleted the question

New response