Actual Craft Time

Display actual craft times for assemblers, furnaces and rocket silo

Utilities
3 years ago
0.16 - 1.1

g Crusher recipes computed incorrectly in Krastorio 2

4 years ago
(updated 4 years ago)

Hello. Love your mod, especially with total-conversion mods like Krastorio 2, where you have to create new solutions for the different recipes. I use your mod a LOT!

Krastorio 2 has a machine called a "Crusher," which does exactly what it says. In playing Krastorio 2, I've run into a problem with Actual Craft Time incorrectly computing recipes from the Crusher (and ONLY with the Crusher -- ACT otherwise works correctly in Krastorio 2).

Let's consider the Crusher recipe "Crush stone into sand" but to emphasize, ALL the recipes I've examined with ACT involving the Crusher have been incorrect. As in this picture shows (https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.net/ugc/1000304544161867508/B3C65ACC254C53E303B8C5368861392BD6608941/), ACT thinks that the "Crush stone into sand" recipe is "3 stone in -> 1 sand out, in 1 second." However, I have confirmed, using two different belt throughput techniques as well as a "how long to fill / empty a bucket using a watch" measurements, that the correct recipe is "3 stone in -> 7.5 sand out, in 1 second." (FNEI, interestingly, reports the recipe as "[7-8] sand out"). I noticed this issue, as when I was initially setting up things using ACT's calculations, I ended up with VASTLY too much crushing capacity (to fill a yellow belt, with the stone->sand recipe, ACT computed I'd need 15 Crushers, when in fact I needed 2!).

Krastorio 2's Crusher is "weird" in that unlike virtually any other recipe / machine, when one clicks on the Crusher to see the details, one cannot see the time & product in / product out information (see the picture I linked). Additionally, Krastorio 2's Crusher has the ability to destroy (like a Void Chest) any product that does not have an explicit recipe. It's clearly a very unusual machine (and thus recipes), so it's not surprising your mod has issues with its atypicality.

At any rate, thought I'd bring this to your attention. It's hardly a game- (or mod-) breaking error, and I continue to use your mod in my Krastorio 2 otherwise. Great mod.

Edit: this regards Factorio 0.18.18, Krastorio 2 version 0.9.11, and Actual Craft Time v 0.4.7 .

4 years ago

ok tracked down the issue, I had "max_amount" instead of "amount_max". eye roll. I also changed the code to return the average of the max and min amounts instead of just the max so it'll say 7.5 now.

4 years ago

That seemed like a really easy mistake to make. Thanks for the quick fix, and for the very useful mod.

New response