0.17 Science Packs deprecated

Changes the science pack recipes to match 0.17.

Tweaks
5 years ago

b [Fixed] Low densities structure new recipe

5 years ago

Can you add the new low densities recipe (20 copper, 2 steel, 5 plastic)?

5 years ago

I support this idea; the devs have altered the recipe of low densities for 0.17 (also explained in the same fff as the science pack recipe rework) and that means following them with that would make sense. Thanks!

5 years ago

Yea that would be sweet, I agree. Might wanna make that a separate, optional mod though for people who don't.

5 years ago

Also, can you make low densities available earlier in the game, so we can make it for purple science? Otherwise, you need low densities to make purple science, but you need purple science to do rocket research that will unlock the low densities.

5 years ago

Changed the normal low density structure recipe to 20 copper, 2 steel and 4 plastic and for expensive mode to 40 copper, 5 steel and 10 plastic.
I won't do a separate mod as this is merely something for people to design bases earlier for 0.17. If you don't like it just edit it out.
I changed low density to be unlocked with advanced material processing cause I am lazy and this is not meant to replace 0.17.
This will be released with 0.1.3.

5 years ago

Why 20 seconds? Where are they from?

5 years ago

IIRC the devs mentioned it on the stream colonwill did.

5 years ago
(updated 5 years ago)

Is there a way to force this update to the tech tree retroactively, after researching it? I added the mod to a game after unlocking steel furnaces, so LDS didn't get unlocked.

I might try my hand at editing the current version of the mod, adding LDS to some other random tech I haven't researched yet so I don't have to abandon the save/achievements, but not everyone may be so adventurous. Very much open to pointers, as I've never played with the modding tools before.

EDIT: Fixed it, turns out it was pretty simple to add an entry to unlock LDS, so it got tacked on to Fluid Wagons. Very appreciative of the clean code in your mod and the devs who facilitated it.

5 years ago

I take a look at it but I thought I read that this now done automatically.
Thanks for the kind words. I did this mod mostly alone with the help from someone to implemt the pipe variant.

5 years ago

I did some asking around and I going to add a migration into the next version to fix that problem.

New response