Train Supply Manager (TSM)

Control train scheduling via a publish/subscribe event based system. Easy to use, and stress tested to gigabase level. Includes automated refueling. Distributed priorities for sourcing, and request priorities. Setup via simple to use GUIs and basic combinators.

Content
7 months ago
0.17 - 1.1
Trains

i Automatic 'Count' is causing problems.

7 months ago

I'm running the 'Freight Fowarding' overhaul mod, which uses 'Intermodal Containers'. (i.e. items are crated up, then the crates are hauled as a single item.) The issue is that, after the crates are emptied, they need to go back to the loading station to be refilled, and reserving a single slot on the train for empty crates is just sensible. This causes a problem for TSM wait conditions, as A) the train usually is never empty and B) there is no way to tell TSM to hold the train until the filled crates have all been unloaded. In my particular case, I want to be sure that, for example with a uranium mine, the train contains no filled uranium crates AND there is sufficient sulphuric acid loaded onboard before it leaves the unloading station. (Yes, I could use a separate train for the sulphuric acid, but why would I, when there is already a train going there?)

To my mind, the best way forward is probably to bring the count condition more in line with vanilla and add an item selector (just the regular one that can select both solids and fluids) that, when filled, generates another count condition so multiple counts can be checked.

Does that sound reasonable to you?

billbo99 β˜†
7 months ago

I am currently maintaining this mod, fixing errors as they occur. Something like that is a major change to the back end logic.

7 months ago

I am currently maintaining this mod, fixing errors as they occur. Something like that is a major change to the back end logic.

Oof. Fair enough. Thanks for letting me know.

New response