Resource Map Label Marker

by kizrak

Creates resource map label markers when chunks get generated and charted. See resources through fog of war. Please review settings and consult details below before starting!! πŸš€ #icon #resources #map #reveal #label #markers #chunks #generated #chart #tag #map #ore #count #fog of war

Utilities
4 months ago
0.17 - 1.1

g Options?

4 years ago

Could we get an explanation of what the options do?
Also I wanted it to only label ore patches I'd otherwise found, so I turned off both check boxes and set the radius to 0. Is that correct?
By the way, those settings make the initial load painless, you may want to consider making the default something like that for people adding it to an existing game.

Thank you for the mod, it's already revealed a few patches my radar had revealed but I didn't know about.

4 years ago

I thought I had set tool-tips for each of the settings giving more description. Do you have a particular question about a given option?
Or do you have a better description for an option? If so, I could update the tool-tips with any feedback you can provide.

4 years ago

Tool tips just show the defaults.

Does Chart Chunks reveal the map beyond where you have scanned? Out to the radius?
Does Generate chunks adjacent reveal more of the map? Why would you need this on?
Min resources is clear.
Starting chunk is that from game start, or current position start if an existing game?

If everything is as it seems, then I'd suggest you have the checkboxes off by default and the radius to 0. When an exiting game is loaded these do not cause any lag.

Again, thank you, I like this mod a lot, some of the patches are hard to see, this makes everything a lot clearer.

4 years ago
(updated 4 years ago)

Chart chunks (real map):: causes any chunks that are generated that have resources to also be revealed. (The game naturally generates chunks further than the reveal distance, so this can cause some chunks to get revealed that would not normally get revealed.)

Generate chunks adjacent to chunks:: when a generated chunk is discovered to have a resource, all 8 neighboring chunks are also requested to be generated. This makes it so that when half a ore field is generated, the other half also gets generated for better sizing.

Minimum resources:: (like you said) anything below this won't be marked/labeled on the map.

Starting chunk radius to generate:: this radius of chunks from the Starting location (x=0,y=0) get generated. The problem is that this only triggers at the start of a new map (or adding the mod), so if it isn't set correctly before then, it can't be fixed ATM. This also allows quickly determining if the current map seed is good.

New response