Mining patch planner

by rimbas

Adds a planner that designs a mining drill layout for a resource patch.

Utilities
17 days ago
Mining Blueprints

i Better "Ensure resource coverage"

1 year, 6 months ago

Right now, the function only takes into account the size of the miner itself. Would it be possible for the function to take into account the mining area of the miner instead?

I often find myself adding a lot of additional miners after the layout is generated. Thanks!

1 year, 6 months ago
(updated 1 year, 6 months ago)

What do you mean better?
Can you give an example where you need to add extra miners?

1 year, 6 months ago
(updated 1 year, 6 months ago)

Sure, I've made two screenshots. The first one is how currently the mod places the miner, and the second one is with manually added miners (https://imgur.com/a/EYa1LjM).

As you can see (especially on the small ore patches), there are quite a few miners that still can be added.

P.S. I probably should mention, that the miners in the screenshot are Miners Mk2 from a mod, so they have a slightly bigger range, but that shouldn't matter much.

1 year, 6 months ago

Oh you want more miners to mine from under other miners with the extra reach? I'll tune it so that it places extra if they reach a significant amount.
But you got me thinking if the option is redundant and should be the default behaviour, and the tuning would work more for modded bigger reach miners.

1 year, 6 months ago

More like I want every last bit of resources covered AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE for maximum output πŸ˜‚ I also put productivity modules in the miners and replace some of them with beacons (only possible with modded miners though).

But yeah, the current "Ensure resource coverage" should probably be the default behavior and the function could be renamed to "Maximum resource coverage" or something πŸ˜‚

New response