Mining patch planner

by rimbas

Adds a planner that designs a mining drill layout for a resource patch.

Utilities
29 days ago
Mining Blueprints

i Minimum gain threshold

2 years ago

I noticed that the entire ore patch is covered by miners, but this means that sometimes there will be some miners that will mine <100 ore, meaning that they're kind of useless. I'm not sure how viable this is since I don't know how complicated it would be to detect miner gains through the API, but it would be nice to be to set a threshold for the ore gains, so that no miners will be blueprinted that will mine less resources than the specified amount.
I think it would be best to make this configurable in both the planner GUI as well as to specify a default through user specific settings so you don't have to change the setting every time you plan a new patch.

2 years ago

A big point of this planner is that it ensures all selected resources get covered by a miner and it minimizes the amount of placed miners as much as the patch shape allows.
It is possible to just skip resources under a threshold, and it is possible to calculate the "expected" total amount of resource like when it shows the sum when you hover on a miner but I'll see what I can do on that front later. I am looking how to open up tuning parameters though, something like the "Ensure coverage" on the Simple layout.

New response