Mining patch planner

by rimbas

Adds a planner that designs a mining drill layout for a resource patch.

Utilities
29 days ago
Mining Blueprints

i Multiple Layouts

2 years ago
(updated 2 years ago)

Hi,
I really like the idea of this mod. I wish it would be able to apply other layouts as well.

1. Like the one which is used by speedrunners, where miners are back to back. And on one side of the belt, every 2 miners one square is skipped for a wooden power pole.

2. Then there is the layout with undergrounds.

3. And there is also a version with undergrounds for maximized miner placement.

EDIT: I added the numbers 1-3. So that I can add pictures regarding that.

2 years ago

Could do with some pictures for the layouts

2 years ago

I understand. I will try to provide the pictures the next days.

2 years ago

Where do you like to have the pictures? Discord? Forum? Or do you have another solution for posting pictures?

2 years ago

Just an Imgur gallery maybe?

2 years ago
(updated 2 years ago)

This is the layout I personally like to use and one of the ones I believe the OP mentioned:
https://imgur.com/a/aV8z4cI
(Note, in the back (left), it makes sense to replace where a couple of the "return" from UG belts would be with just regular belts, as I've already done for this example.)

That said, I wonder if it might be easier (or maybe not!) to have it work with a BP of the users choice? IE, they have a tileable BP of their own already and somehow designate it as the one the planner should use, that way people are not restricted to only the options you provide? (Similar in concept with FARL.)

This would also solve the power pole type issue brought up in another thread. Me, personally, I'm using BPs prior to bots for planning. Having something like this would make planning of the ore fields faster.

2 years ago

This is a picture for option 1.
https://imgur.com/a/srrgzDU

Actually the picture includes an option 1b also.
1a is 2 rows of miners putting out on one belt. With one row of powerpoles. On one side of the belt there is a free slot every now and then. To put a powerpole in. This is what speedrunners use right now. It is compact and gives enough output until the speedrun is done. Also it increases the number of miners on the orepatch a little bit.

1b is a variation. 3 rows of miners can be powered when an additional powerpole is put in the slot.
This puts even more miners onto the patch.

I like theese two, because they dont need undergroundies.

2 years ago
(updated 2 years ago)
2 years ago

Thanks for the images.
Currently rewriting mod's logic to make it easier to define different layouts.

2 years ago
(updated 2 years ago)

Hey,
that´s cool.
I understand that my posting of the different options is...a little messy.
I´mb glad that you could find your way through it.

2 years ago

Released update version 1.1 that adds option 2 layout for starters.
Wanted to get the version out now, I'll add options 1 and 3 later.

New response