King Jo's Warhammer 40K Iron Fist Dreadnought

Adds a Warhammer 40K Iron Fist Dreadnought. It has a cannon, a bolter and can speak on command.

Content
1 year, 2 months ago
Transportation Combat

g AAI Programmable Vehicles cant make it move around

2 years ago

Hello,

I really like the Dreadnought! I tried to use it with AAI Programmable Vehicles. It can shoot, your other mod Predator does work correctly (driving and shooting with AAI)! The Dreadnought is shooting automatically, but it can not move around with AAI. I am able to do it manually.
The same problems occurs with the Baneblade.
I dont know why that is, maybe you have an idea?

thanks in advance!

2 years ago

The problem is that the burner energy of both vehicles is too low to get it started moving when pressing just W (due to high mass). If you press A or D while W this energy gets bigger and it moves.
When a player uses one of them it works fine since he will be pressing A or D eventually. I don't know how AAI commands the cars but apparently not with a turning command but just a "go straight to xyz".

2 years ago

ok thanks, so if I were to lower thier mass it might work?

2 years ago

Lowering just the mass will make it faster and behave differently when colliding with other things.

Increasing the burner output will make it faster while also also altering the behaviour.

You could try adjusting mass and friction to achieve your goal.

But yeah lowering the mass would work in principle.

2 years ago

Ok I will see what I can do. Thanks again!

2 years ago

I changed the dreadnaught to have the predator parameters:
friction 0.002
terrain_friction_modifier 0.2
weight 100000
burner output (cunsumption) 600kW
braking power 600kW

AAI Programmable Vehicles now works on the dreadnaught! It might not have that 'weighty' feeling but at least it works with AAI. Also if it gets hit with the goo from the worms it is completely halted in movement till it dissapears, which is a cool side-effect I think :).
Maybe I play arounf a bit more with the parameters.

New response