Chonky Trains

by therax

Tired of tiny toy trains? Give your factory some real weight with these realistically-scaled locomotives and wagons.

Content
4 years ago
0.17 - 0.18
Logistics

g i know whats looking odd here^^

4 years ago

the wheels^^

4 years ago

Would you like to contribute some better looking wheels? Otherwise I don’t know what you’re suggesting I should change.

4 years ago

the wheels aren't upscaled it seems..

4 years ago
(updated 4 years ago)

The wheels are appropriately sized for the rails, which are the same size as always. Making them bigger would mean they don’t ride on the rails.

The problem is that upsizing the wagons also upsized the cutouts for the wheels, making them too big.

4 years ago

ah i see, it would also need some shift.. didnt think about that

4 years ago

There is already some custom shift happening. But if the wheels are up scaled, when looking at the train going north-south, the wheels would be wider than the space between the rails.

4 years ago

couldnt you scale up the rails aswell to make it all fit properly?

3 years ago

couldnt you scale up the rails aswell to make it all fit properly?

Я думаю, что рельсы менять нельзя! Вот арки колесные нужны поменьше. Так будет реальнее. Идея больших вагонов и локомотивов очень хороша, но хотелось бы видеть не просто растянутые те же текстуры, а прорисованные новые спрайты, которые не будут так бросаться в глаза, как старые растянутые. Еще хотелось бы добавить мега-вагоны С БОЛЬШИМ ЗДОРОВЬЕМ, в которые можно зайти, как в ангары из Factorissimo2 - растянутые плоскости с входами/выходами вдоль по бокам и сеткой оборудования, чтобы была электроэнергия для работы внутренних механизмов в виде заводов/манипуляторов и прочего.

New response