Blueprint Sandboxes

Temporary Editor-lite permissions in Lab-like environments for designing and experimenting.

Content
17 days ago
Blueprints

b [Not This Mod] Ghost Mode Interaction Bug

17 days ago

Hello! Love the mod. Ok there seems to be a weird interaction with ghost placement and autobuild. If you use the shift click option to build belt ghosts with autobuild on it fails to place underground belts. If you toggle off auto build that base feature works fine. Please let me know if this is confusing.

17 days ago

I know what you mean, but it's an underlying issue with Factorio's base code that handles the auto-placement of underground belts. The game actually used to hard crash - not like with the popup that says something went wrong - whenever this mod was building the entities and the game was automatically converting them. That's the main reason this mod started with "asynchronous" building, until that bug was fixed.

15 days ago

So to be clear, this is something that can't be fixed currently? Did you do a bug report to Wube?

15 days ago

For what I can do, I believe it can be worked around in various ways, but not a true solution. For example, you already noticed that if you are placing ghosts and not using auto-build, then it works fine (ghost to ghost). Of course, if you aren't placing ghosts, auto-build doesn't matter and it works fine (real to real). You can also reduce the interval that the auto-build occurs, then most of the time it would work fine (ghost to ghost, likely before conversion).

I'm not even sure it could be classified as a bug, either. Probably, their code for detecting when to swap a belt for an underground is already complicated, and doesn't need to be complicated further by the situation where "given a user placed a ghost belt, when a script revives that ghost, and the user places another ghost belt that would have triggered the underground-replacement behavior if that belt was recently that ghost, then that belt is replaced by an underground."

It's an unfortunate interaction, but it's also a rare scenario.

14 days ago

Ok. No issues then! Thank you so much for the quick responses and for the great mod! Makes crating blueprints so easy.

New response