Blueprint Sandboxes

Temporary Editor-lite permissions in Lab-like environments for designing and experimenting.

Content
18 days ago
Blueprints

b [Resolved] EditorExtension items category not enabled

a month ago

im not not sure why you don't get the EE items when entering the sandbox.
i had to manually enable the recipe: /c remote.call("ee_cheat_mode", "enable_testing_recipes", game.player.force)

https://github.com/cameronleger/blueprint-sandboxes/blob/main/scripts/editor-extensions-cheats.lua

a month ago

This is indeed weird. I cannot imagine that this has been broken for long, much less that it was always broken. I found the issue is that at the initial setup of the control stage, the Remote Interfaces are still the base ones provided by Factorio. Since I was storing that in a boolean for checking the rest of the time (since I don't think would change during runtime, after initialization), it - and all used Remote Interfaces - was always false, so we never attempted make the actual calls.

The fix is simple, and I'm not sure it's a big enough performance impact to justify going back to caching the value (and potentially having inconsistency issues). However, I would be that these behaviors changed in recent Factorio updates, but I don't know if it's a bug or expected.

New response