Surfaces Reloaded deprecated

by Danacus

Reach up to the skies or dig deep below, expand your base vertically... If you're into that kind of thing. Original by Simcra, ported to 0.14-0.16 by Erdbeerbaer. Port to 0.17 started by DeltaNedas and continued by Danacus.

3 years ago
0.17 - 1.1

i Space Exploration Resources

3 years ago

Can you prevent the generation of resources that do not normally appear on nauvis? (or remove them on generation)
https://i.imgur.com/YQLrZRp.png

3 years ago

I think it's possible, but I'm not sure how. I don't quite remember how this mod gets surface settings, but I would guess it copies them from Nauvis. Not sure how Space Exploration handles resource generation on different surfaces, but I can tell you it's tricky to make different world generation on different surfaces, it's a bit hacky usually. I could probably just delete all autoplace settings/options from the underground surfaces, but then there wouldn't be any vanilla ores either. How do I decide which resources spawn and which don't?

3 years ago

I don't think I'll be able to fix this easily. This mod copies map gen settings from the "main surface", which is a setting you can change. By default it's set to Nauvis, so I don't know why Space Exploration resources are being generated if they're not generated on Nauvis.

3 years ago

I could set map_gen_settings.default_enable_all_autoplace_controls = false, but that would probably disable vanilla ore generation too. Autoplace controls are a complete mess in factorio unfortunately (that, or I just don't get it).

3 years ago
(updated 3 years ago)

I do not know if that helps . I'm sure you will have googled too;-) Because I can't really test it, I'm probably not much help.
"autoplace_controls":
{
"coal": {"frequency": 1, "size": 1, "richness": 1},
"stone": {"frequency": 1, "size": 1, "richness": 1},
"copper-ore": {"frequency": 1, "size": 1,"richness": 1},
"iron-ore": {"frequency": 1, "size": 1, "richness": 1},
"uranium-ore": {"frequency": 1, "size": 1, "richness": 1},
"crude-oil": {"frequency": 1, "size": 1, "richness": 1},
"enemy-base": {"frequency": 1, "size": 1, "richness": 1}
},

3 years ago

That is a potential solution, but what about people using Angel's mods, Bob's mods or Py? I'd have to add compatibility for each mod specifically, which I don't feel like doing. For most mods, the default configuration is fine, it's just the mods that add surfaces like Space Exploration that cause issues.

3 years ago

The best solution I can think of is to specifically remove all custom ores from Space Exploration.

Something like:

autoplace_controls["custom-ore"] = nil

3 years ago

if this helps it sound good, I know myself with it unfortunately zero ;-)
I also mod a bit, but I haven't dealt with map creation yet.
feel free to contact me via discord kux#5599

New response