Production Scrap 2

All items produce industrial waste, which must be recycled. See the Changelog and FAQ for other mod compatibility.

Content
3 years ago
0.16 - 1.1
Manufacturing

b incompatible with too many other mods

5 years ago

as much as i liked this mod at first, giving a nice new challenge,
as many other mods it is incompatible with after playing with it for a while.

for example: i had to disable this mod first before i could use "conductive belts" or "same tier braiding" :-(
with all these mods enabled, conductive belts (which should produce one conductive belt from one normal belt and five copper wires) produced two normal belts instead, and the same tier braiding mod should have two recipes for belt 1 and belt 2, but instead it had those two recipes both showing the same title and the same icon and also produced the same normal belt. there were also more incompatibilities which i didn't takes notes of, but in general this mod seems to need a bit more work to be really usable when also using several other mods ... sorry :-(

5 years ago

This is my main problem with the mod as well, the idea is great however!

4 years ago

Just wanted to give the same feedback - mod is a great idea but I need it to work with Bob's+Angels. I can't play with just vanilla.

One other suggestion after playing around a bit - provide two options:
- One option to disable the scrap grenades and such. I don't want a new way to make existing things, I just want to manage recycling of the waste. Landfill does seem appropriate though.
- Another option to multiply the number of scrap inputs when recycling. It feels wrong to me to have one scrap iron produce a full iron plate and an additional scrap plate that can be exchanged for another iron plate, etc. I do get that it is probabilistic and there is no free plate exploit, but 2xscrap plates -> 1 plate + n% scrap plate enforces diminishing returns in a way that doesn't break immersion.

4 years ago

Will look at the two options you mentioned. As far as Bob's/Angel's, it may be a while before we're able to add compatibility for those and other large game-changing mods. The person that was helping me with mod compatibility has gone MIA, so it may be even longer. Sorry about that.

4 years ago

Totally understand - thanks!

4 years ago

Sad to hear this - looking through all of the mods, this is one of those that made me the most excited. Interesting concept to deal with nuance of real production

4 years ago

osuf - try https://mods.factorio.com/mod/apm_recycling. Same idea, has good integration support.

New response