Ore Patch Organizer

Cut/Paste your ores and oil. Move your resources closer to your base, reshape to allow better blueprints, or condense/expand ore patches to allow more/less mining drills.

Utilities
4 months ago
Environment Mining

i General Suggestions

11 months ago
  1. Limit range: Near Player? Near original ore patch?
  2. Collect multiple ore types and select which to print
  3. Automatically align printed ores to chunk boundaries? or other combinations.
11 months ago

1) I wouldn't limit things. Or maybe do, but add an option to disable it. To me, I'm just moving all the ore nearby so I can toss a nice square patch of miners on it and forget about it. Making mining outposts isn't what interests me, and making this require pasting near the original patch location would just mean I'd have to toss a rail down between my base and the patch, rather than pasting it nearer my base. It doesn't add anything, IMO, to have to run 100 chunks of rail to the ore back to my base instead of just having it pasted at the base.

2) This would be nice.
2.5) Add Oil and other resources, like Mineral Water from K2? Paste them on a grid like the Oil Patch Organizer mod does.

3) If so, make it optional. My primary base is a hex-grid rail base. It's not chunk aligned, and it repeats hexagonally, not in a rectangle. Maybe add an option for pasting X x Y sized? Or maybe use the same +/- square thing that landfill uses.

7 months ago

New version should handle fluids and K2 ores/quarries.

Also adds surface limits (Haven't properly tested printing is space) and space controls for quarry/fluids.

7 months ago

Add support for Vortiks Deep core mining - this mod generates special ore patches in a place of mined ores and i would really like to move them.

7 months ago

I'll have a check of it. I've never played with that mod so hopefully it's easy

7 months ago

Thank you

7 months ago

Done. Was easier than expected.
v0.1.3

7 months ago

Thank you a lot!

5 months ago
(updated 5 months ago)

I suggest improving the mod description so that people can see what it does when they're looking through the mod lists in Factorio. At the moment the description tells us nothing.

New response