Fill4Me

by kovus

Fill4Me will automatically insert fuel and/or ammunition from your main inventory into entities when you place them. It is mod-agnostic and will learn about items & entities in other mods. It is an alternative to the Autofill mod.

Utilities
3 years ago
0.16 - 1.1

g Fill on Hotkey and mouseover

5 years ago

If it is an alternative efor Autofill - can it fill entities with hotkey while mouseover them?

5 years ago

It does not.

I can certainly look into making this happen, but I have not utilized hotkeys yet (since they're not usable in scenario code, which is my primary target).
https://gitlab.com/FishBus/Fill4Me/issues/4

4 years ago

on the subject of Hotkeys how about one for enabling/disabling the mod I do know there's a gui button and command but options are great

4 years ago

Is this still planned to be added?

Everyone's been begging Nexela to update Auto Fill to 0.17 just for the hotkey feature.
https://mods.factorio.com/mod/autofill/discussion/5c760070f901b2000b01d4f1

4 years ago

I'm sorry for the massive delay on this feature. Added both hotkeys in 0.8.1.

By default, they are CONTROL+R for reload, and CONTROL+SHIFT+R to enable/disable.

Please let me know if this works counter-intuitively to what you expect in any fashion. I'd done a best-effort guess on what made sense for reloading (and minimal code for me).

4 years ago

I think the original intent was to have a hotkey you could press while hovering over for instance a furnace and it would add fuel from your inventory to said furnace to make it easier to refill. Or am I missing something?

4 years ago

@shoe7ess - you can do that with CTRL-left click when a burnable item is in your hand

4 years ago
(updated 4 years ago)

@jockeril- Ah, it's been awhile since I played (just updated from x.14). The way it worked before added a set amount (maybe a percentage of total held or a set 5 or 10 each time) while [Modifier]+Left Clicking to distribute fuel to lines of burner type objects. I'm going to hit the wiki and see if I'm just missing something. I believe it was from the original auto fill mod. I'm going to check the controls wiki and see if I can find something similar.
Edit I downloaded the Even Distribution mod (https://mods.factorio.com/mods/321freddy/even-distribution) which modifies the vanilla behavior and enables what I was trying to convey in the response above, but it would be nice to have this feature implemented into a mod meant for auto-filling entities instead of using two mods :)

4 years ago

The OP's request was to "fill entities with hotkey while mouseover them." It's the feature I implemented. Since even-distribution handles a different use case (and probably does it very well), I'd suggest using it for that particular use case. Fill4Me is trying to do one thing and do it well. Hopefully if I'm not making it live up to that, someone will tell me.

4 years ago
(updated 4 years ago)

kovus The OP's request was to "fill entities with hotkey while mouseover them." It's the feature I implemented. Since even-distribution handles a different use case (and probably does it very well), I'd suggest using it for that particular use case. Fill4Me is trying to do one thing and do it well. Hopefully if I'm not making it live up to that, someone will tell me.

I think I misunderstood the hotkey you implemented. I read "CTRL+R = Reload" and thought that meant that (for whatever reason) that it reloaded the mod or config or something (I think the enable/disable hotkey lead me to believe that), but you're right, sorry for the confusion. Both Fill4Me and EvenDistribution work in very similar fashions, you could kind of view ED as an extra hotkey for your mod, so they work together. ED is a pretty simple mod, just a vanilla rework so you aren't putting "all" or "half" of resources in at once (so you don't get 16 coal, 8 coal, 4 coal, etc while filling). Anyways, thanks for the response and for the mod!

4 years ago

Sounds like it would be a really good complement to Fill4Me for a lot of users. Perhaps a few will read this thread and be able to enjoy another good mod.

Glad we could clear your confusion.

New response