Fantario

This mod is a challenge. Featuring scrap recycling and a pre-electric burner era You can stream it ;D No problems :D

Overhaul
1 year, 7 months ago
0.16 - 1.1

i Electric Machine Recipe Inconsistencies?

4 years ago

Alright, so you might recognize me from a previous incompatibility between this mod and mine, Mini Machines. I'm currently working on the compatibility issues between our mods, and I've basically fixed all the issues in my rewrite, properly copying the new electric versions of machines, and creating miniature versions of them.

However, I've noticed a few inconsistencies between some of your recipes, which I'm wondering if they are intentional or not. Mostly regarding the relationship between burner and electric versions of machines.

Like the electric assembling machine requires the final tier of the burner assembling machine, which is fine; it makes sense. Similarly, the electric radar requires the burner radar in its recipe. This also makes sense.

And then there's the electric furnace, which only requires a t2 (steel) furnace, despite the fact that the fuel furnace is faster, and has more recipes available to it. Although the electric furnace does appear to have a lower crafting speed than the fuel furnace, so they could be considered alternate upgrade paths. This is weird, but also fine.

But then there's the electric mining drill, which doesn't require any of the previous tiers of mining drills. The uranium mining drill appears to be an alternate upgrade path to the electric furnace, similar to the fuel furnace and electric furnace relationship; but only the uranium mining drill requires the final tier burner mining drill. This definitely seems to be a mistake.

And then there's the electric oil refinery, that requires a steel furnace? Even though there is a burner oil refinery it could be using instead? And for some reason, the burner and electric refineries have the same crafting speed? Despite the fact that the burner refinery is unlocked WAY earlier than the electric refinery (which requires space science!)? Is there even a reason to build them? They appear to have the same list of recipes available, so...

And then on top of it all, the electric chemical plant also doesn't upgrade from the existing burner chemical plant, but requires an electric engine instead? I see some of the other electric items (like inserter, radar, etc) also require an electric engine, but almost none of the other machines I mentioned above do? And the burner and electric chemical plants again appear to have the same crafting speed, and the same recipe list available...

I would just like to know if you plan to change any of this?

4 years ago

Hey Kryzeth,

my mod keeps changing and growing steadily.

4 years ago
(updated 4 years ago)

Hmmm, well that doesn't exactly answer my question, but I guess I'll just have to rely on users reporting any incompatibilities between our mods and then make any changes at that point.

Hopefully, I've been able to reduce the chance of any load errors, at the very least.

4 years ago
(updated 4 years ago)

My plan is: We start in the "burner age", after the rocket come the "electric age".

My chemical furnace is a alternative furnace from "coal furnace" (recept: 1 x ? ore + 1x coal = 1x ? plate) and recept from chemical ( 5 x ? ore + 10 fresh water = 6 ? plate). The electric furnace become a new recipe but he cant the old recipe (new ore).

The electric mining drill, hmmm..... The concept from recipe I will reconsider. The another electric machine I will reconsider too.

My future is, the electric machine make new recipe with a new ores and fluids (new complete base) and work with the "old base". But without the old base you can not to research.

I hope you understand me, is not easy to write for me (to many ideas for projekt Fantario) ;)

Edit: I think, better is I make a "addon" for Fantario with electric era. You and I we have a fewer problems with incompatible...

4 years ago
(updated 4 years ago)

-

4 years ago

I think your mod is fine the way it is (though it took me a while to find out that the electric machines were locked waaay behind space science) in terms of separating the burner and electric "eras". I think it's a really cool concept.

My thought is just that the upgrade "path" for the electric machines should probably stay consistent between each other. It would make sense if they all require an electric engine (to make an electric machine). And they should all either build off of the existing burner machine, or none of them should.

I know in the base game, the electric mining drill is unrelated to the burner mining drill, and the steel furnace does not upgrade into the electric furnace; so you could mimic this, and make it so the burner machines only upgrade into burner machines. The electric machines would just be made with other, more expensive, or harder to get materials.

Though I prefer the "nicer" way, of making it so you slap on an electric engine and some other parts, to the burner machine, converting it into an electric machine. That way, you could just pick up the old parts of the factory, and upgrade them to electric, and place them right back down, without wasting any resources.

I'm fine with either method you pick, as long as they all follow the pattern (they all upgrade from a burner machine, or none of them do), so I can know in advance, which recipes I will need to edit, for my Mini Machines mod.

4 years ago

This with new machine (example electric furnace) without steel furnace is a great idea and with all electric machine need a electric engine is a plan from me (but I dont have good implemented).

I think a make recyling recept for the "old machine"....

Ok, I take the "hard" way. :)

4 years ago

Lmao, this is also fine with me, due to my other mod (Reverse Factory), where the entire point is to recycle burner machines into their ingredients, so you can reuse the parts. That's why I said it was fine either way lol.

This thread has been locked.