Disco Science

Makes science labs light up with the colours of the science packs they are consuming.

Tweaks
3 years ago
0.17 - 1.1

g Unregistered Lab (with Factorissimo mod)

4 years ago
(updated 4 years ago)

Great mod! I use it in every playthrough. In my current game with the Factorissimo2 mod (along with several other mods), I've had a few occurrences of this minor (non-game-changing) error. Sometimes, upon entering the Factorissimo building that contains the labs, I notice they aren't strobing with the colorful animations (even though research is progressing normally and the crackling electric noise continues). Mining a lab triggers the "DiscoScience detected an unregistered lab" message. Mining then replacing each lab fully corrects the problem, including restoring the animations. I haven't yet figured out what might be causing the error, but it may be related to losing/restoring electrical power to the building. (I'm not even 100% sure Factorissimo is the culprit.) Let me know if I can provide any more information or logs.

Thanks!

4 years ago

Thanks for the report. I'll check this out on the weekend.

4 years ago

I get a similar issue with the Warptorio2 mod, where after the platform teleports any labs built on it will not strobe. Mining the lab and replacing it solves the issue, so I suspect it's related to labs being moved from one surface to another.

4 years ago

I looked at this a while ago but forgot do anything with the results. I've found the issue in Factorissimo and let the author know: https://mods.factorio.com/mod/Factorissimo2/discussion/5d739fd4c650f9000b3abb14

4 years ago

@mg79 Is this still an issue? I looked at Warptorio code and it seems to be raising events properly. Perhaps this was fixed in the last couple weeks.

4 years ago

I'm not actually able to reproduce this issue myself with Factorissimo, and as the author noted in that thread, they're not doing any lab creation themselves. If either of you could narrow down what other mods might be causing this, that would help me troubleshoot the issue.

3 years ago

im not fully sure if this was explored any further, however i've noticed that after a recent factorissimo updated, the labs arent lighting up at all. though im not getting an error message, nor am i seeing anything in the logs about it.

3 years ago

apon removing the lab i did end up getting the error message

New response