Content
1 year, 9 months ago
0.17 - 1.1
Trains

a Summary

1 year, 9 months ago
(updated 1 year, 9 months ago)

[WARNING] Please read this first before creating any new threads! [WARNING]

This is summary of all your reviews. Thank you for active discussion and suggestions. I like to keep everything simple so I deleted all discussions and collelcted all topics in one place (But I read them all, and here is my feedback). Also there is a little TODO list in discussions with things I liked the most.

Threads with issues described below will be removed in future!

These are common known issues:

• Turret graphics become off-center when accelerating/turning. Multiple turrets
    I did not manage to find a solution to this issue. Train speed and rotation angle somehow affecting turret placement. Currently it is possible to place only one turret and in the middle of a wagon.

• Turret/wagon graphics with defect (Offset/frame count)
    I do not own graphics and do not have original 3D models. You are welcome if you want to contribute any graphics.

• Can not load ammo/fuel to train manually/by inserters (Please stop asking about this everywhere)

• There are some overlapping colliders because this is not artillery turret prototype (can shoot only buildings) but a simple vanilla turret placed over wagon. I made turret collider a little bigger so you can access it by hovering mouse around center of wagon collider. Also try to use vanilla inserters for this task and only on train stops.
  • In 90% cases: You are trying to load ammo from different mod. Only vanilla ammo "categories" are supported in this mod.
    What is ammo "category"? Some mods are using vanilla "category" - this ammo will be accepted. Some mods are using it's own ammo "category" - this ammo will be rejected. For example: there can be two bullet-like magazines, from different mods, but only one that use vanilla ammo "category" will be accepted.

• Not working with MOD_NAME1, MOD_NAME2
    There are no support for other mods.

• When you mined a wagon ammo/coal lost
    I am not good at .lua. Probably some kind of List<Turrets_data>() on each wagon needed. Any time you mined it will be addressed to list of turret and get your ammo back. Or use a wagon inventory to store turret ammo and pass it to turret on demand. Maybe some cases are not best way to implement it due to possible lags and optimization problems.

• Change recipe or something
    I kept recipes as close to basic game as possible. Please do not suggest crafting recipe with turrets inside etc.

• My tank now shoots differently! I want to shoot my own base!
    I have to change base ammo and projectile "damage filter" to ignore player force because - turret is placed on-top of wagon and can damage wagon it is placed on, even a train! This is solution to fix this issue (not by adding custom "safe-ammo")

• Your mod removed my platforms and wagons from old version (0.3.x)! Why?
    I have to change every single object in this mod even a script to make it work with new concept. Basically there is no way to safely migrate every content because some parts is working different now and there is no point to waste time on that! (Modular system will take longer time to implement and I decided to remove it completely and stick to simple solution)

New response