Text Plates

Text shaped metal plates for signs and labels. Letters, numbers and symbols. Iron, copper, large and small variants.

Utilities
1 year, 6 months ago
0.14 - 1.1

g (Not sure if bug) Text Plates can not be selected for delivery by Logistics Networks

5 years ago

I love this mod, but I have exactly one problem with it.
I can't set a logistics network request for any of them. The problem is the same for both player logistics slots and requester/buffer chests.
Because the text plate items do not show up in the list under any category when I'm attempting to request them, I can't select them.
This is somewhat frustrating, but I'm working around it by only handcrafting text plates, and never sending them to any logistics network because I'll never be able to get them out unless I actually go to the storage chest and remove them manually.
I hope this problem can be fixed, and I will wait patiently until it is. In the meanwhile, I will continue using text plates as I have been.

5 years ago

You can use them in the logistic network. Just have at least 1 text plate at you and then you can "place" them in every logistic slot you want them to be. As an example for requester-chest:
1. Have at least 1 text plate in you inventory.
2. Open the requester chest.
3. Pick the text plate from your inventory.
4. Click on the request-slot of the box.

The same works for storage chests, player logistic slots and so on...

5 years ago

Maybe that works, but you can't do that if you don't have a text plate in your inventory, which means something is broken.

5 years ago

Yeah this is a shame. I really like this mod, the text signs are really great.
But it's a bit annoying that the Text Plates don't show up in any Logistic menu, nor in the inventory filter menu (eg for filtering a cargo wagon.)
The workaround mentioned in this thread does work, so it's not the end of the world. But it'd be nice if the Text Plates could be listed in all menus like other items.