Oarc Multiplayer Spawn

by Oarc

Overhauls multiplayer spawning system. This mod serves one purpose. To serve the scenario files over the mod portal. The best source is the github page.

Scenarios
2 years ago
0.17 - 1.1

g modify "shared research tree" after launch

8 months ago

Hi there,

I started a server with a friend who's new to the game so he can discover the basics and stuff...
He is really enjoying it but we realized ( sadly not fast enough ) that I was progressing too quickly for him as he chose the "shared research tree" in the spawn options and he is kinda frustrated that all techno are researched when he has like half the science packs.

So my question is : is there a way to change that option afterwards or do we need to start over from the begining ?
I tried to switch him or me to a new force that I created but the problem is that buildings, base etc are linked to the force and not the player, so if I put him in a new force he won't have acces to anything he already build and that's annoying.

Any idea how we could achieve to separate our research trees without losing our bases and having to start from zero ?

thanks a lot

8 months ago
(updated 8 months ago)

Hey! Sorry yeah, that's a tricky one because there's no easy way to untangle your buildings. Unfortunately the only "easy" way is a restart of the game or your friend's character. You can force a respawn for someone using the scenario's admin menu in the top left button usually (the three dots button).

It might be possible to execute a console command to transfer all buildings with the "last_user" set to your friend's player name to his new force. That's the only "manual" way I can think of doing it but they would still be starting from a brand new tech tree.

Good luck!

8 months ago

Hi !

Thanks for your answer.
Actually starting from a brand new tech tree is not the issue, it's what we whant for him. But he would like to be able to keep all his buildings while he does that.
What is the command to transfer buildings ? ( I see a problem tho, there is all my building that'd be transfered to him as well no ? )

8 months ago

If you're in separate locations, then the "last_user" attribute can be used to tell which player placed a building.

Unfortunately it's been awhile since I wrote any console commands, you may have to ask around on the Factorio discord or something for help.

What you want to do is loop through all entities on the map, check the "last_user" attribute and then assign anything that matches your friend's player name to their new force.

New response