Lightorio

Adds a little 'glow' to assembling machines, chem plants and oil refineriers, to make the factory more visible at night. Not intended as an complete replacement for lamps.

Tweaks
1 year, 8 months ago
0.16 - 1.1

g [Explained - not a bug] Electric Mining Drill Lighting

3 years ago

Hey there warped_jack,

I've noticed some inconsistent behavior with regard to the small bit of light near the chute on the electric mining drills. It seems there's a change to the lighting behavior depending on how the drills are powered. Though, I can't quite figure it out.

I can provide some pictures if needed, I just didn't know if this was an expected thing, or what the intent was exactly. Just curious.

Thanks for this mod!

3 years ago

My guess is that you're seeing an unpowered lamp. The lamp on the output is basically an invisible 1x1 lamp with a slightly different brightness/area to a normal lamp with the "no-power" warning disabled (and it uses neglible power - it used to be zero until it became mandatory to have a power usage at some point) There's only one way to really fix this, which is to make the invisible lamps bigger than 1x1, but this makes the building outlines displayed when building power poles quite messy and confusing. I don't intend to change this I'm afraid. To ensure your lamps are all "on" make sure the output tile has power coverage.

Thanks
Jack

3 years ago

Nope, that perfectly explains it, and is the kind of thing I was thinking it would be. It's just in my limited testing, I wasn't understanding exactly what was/wasn't causing the lights to show or not. But having an invisible light entity that needs to itself be covered by power to light totally makes sense.

When I first noticed this, I was thinking it had to do with using small electric poles vs mediums... but then I noticed even that wasn't completely consistent. Anyway, like I said it was just a curiosity and not a complaint.

Thanks for taking the time to explain!

New response