Lightorio

Adds a little 'glow' to assembling machines, chem plants and oil refineriers, to make the factory more visible at night. Not intended as an complete replacement for lamps.

Tweaks
1 year, 8 months ago
0.16 - 1.1

g 1.1

3 years ago

with the 1.1 futur updte
do you think your mods will usefull ?

3 years ago
(updated 3 years ago)

From what I've seen of 1.1... yes; still useful.

And for what it's worth... I did a quick test, and changing the factorio_version in the info.json to "1.1" seems enough to get Lightorio working again. Haven't run into any issues so far.

3 years ago
(updated 3 years ago)

good news
your mod use the news feature of the 1.1 too ? like for the uranium centrifugeuse

3 years ago

Hey there,

I haven't touched anything in the mod yet - I haven't even played 1.1 yet - so unless it's in use by chance, then no.
I plan to release a proper 1.1 update this weekend.

@invisus: Thank you for testing, that little bit of info gives me hope that the update will be a quick one... :) Thanks
Cheers
Jack

3 years ago

Yeah, if I do run into any problems I'll let you know, but I honestly haven't been doing a lot of playing... I've been kind of poking at a few of my favorite mods and waiting for others to update, etc.

3 years ago

For what it's worth, I've noticed a save of mine when loaded is missing all my electric miners. Unsure if it was loading lightorio with version changed, or something else (very possibly another mod).

I'll try to test further if I manage to update my older 0.17.x saves with a standalone copy of factorio v1.0.

3 years ago

False alarm.

This seems to be very much other mods.

3 years ago

Thanks, given it a quick test today and it looks fine as is, so released a small update
Thanks
Jack

3 years ago

After playing a bit more, and giving this some time, I wonder if a blacklist might be in order. Or some way to control which entities get the lightorio lamp feature.

Refineries and centrifuges for example. I'm torn with some of the new night lighting effects and how lightorio enhances, or detracts, from each.

3 years ago

@warped_jack
so, you upate of 1.1 use the 1.1 vanilla upgrade ? with ambiance light ?

3 years ago

I've done a bit of a before and after comparison. My takeaways are:

• The background ambient light detracts slightly from the new effects on Centrifuges. I might block ambient lights from being created on them from now on.
  • Refineries I'm not sure. In general, the additional lights from this mod reduce the impact of the new Vanilla lighting effects, purely by virtue of making it less dark - so the new lights stand out less. In my view the Vanilla refinery effect is still a bit too dim. I might change the colour palette of the Refinery's flame - I prefer the colour of the Vanilla one. Lightorio now looks too orange.

I'll make an update at some point in the future. So I'm welcome to ideas in the meantime.
I've not looked at any of the new 1.1 light properties either, so I can poke at those when I do
Thanks
Jack

3 years ago
(updated 3 years ago)
  • The background ambient light detracts slightly from the new effects on Centrifuges. I might block ambient lights from being created on them from now on.

This would be great. However, I have a question... would this also include disabling the subtle glow of idle centrifuges too, or are you just thinking about removing the brighter "active" light?

• Refineries I'm not sure. In general, the additional lights from this mod reduce the impact of the new Vanilla lighting effects, purely by virtue of making it less dark - so the new lights stand out less. In my view the Vanilla refinery effect is still a bit too dim. I might change the colour palette of the Refinery's flame - I prefer the colour of the Vanilla one. Lightorio now looks too orange.

Yeah, I'm unsure as well. It certainly seems a shame to.... wash out the great new effects they've added in vanilla. And although it's not quite the same as what I'm used to (Nicer Fuel Glow and Lightorio), it's certainly an improvement and I wish they'd continue to lean into by adding more small lighting details on the in-game entities. I'll keep testing and see if I can spot any more obvious examples that might need a tweak/change.

I'll make an update at some point in the future. So I'm welcome to ideas in the meantime.
I've not looked at any of the new 1.1 light properties either, so I can poke at those when I do
Thanks
Jack

Seriously though, thank you for this mod. This is what I've been using in lieu of Bottleneck. When night falls, I use the wonderful ambience of lighted entities to ascertain the status of my factories in a more... "in-game" method than having Bottleneck stickers all over.

3 years ago

@invisus, have you try "bottleneckWithDrill" too ? ;)

3 years ago

@invisus, have you try "bottleneckWithDrill" too ? ;)

I'll check it out, thanks >:}~

New response