Ironclad Gunboat and Mortar Turret

Adds a machine gun variant of Earendels Ironclad as well as a land-turret of the mortar that acts as a mid-game artillery alternative.

Content
1 year, 10 months ago
Transportation

i Turn range

1 year, 10 months ago

We may need to limit turn range of the turret ,or the friendly fire will blow up the friendly wall and other turret ...... ( = )

1 year, 10 months ago

I'm not sure the mortar is particularly useful as a wall defense turret anyway because it doesn't lead moving targets. But maybe I should just in case. I'll think about it.

1 year, 10 months ago

Awesome~~~

1 year, 10 months ago

I'm not sure the mortar is particularly useful as a wall defense turret anyway because it doesn't lead moving targets. But maybe I should just in case. I'll think about it.

Hey man , add this code in prototypes / entity.lua / data:extend : turret_base_has_direction = true,
or the fire_area wil turn direction when turret aimed the enemies.

1 year, 10 months ago

turret_base_has_direction = true,

1 year, 10 months ago

Oh man, that's pretty funny. I didn't even notice that in testing. Updated.

1 year, 10 months ago

Mortar is amazing for base defense. It has more range than behemoth worms so when building a remote wall or if the enemy expands close enough for new behemoth worms to kill your lasers then it really helps. Because new behemoth worms can spawn outside laser turret range and flamethrower turret range, but close enough to spit on them endlessly. Artillery does the same job but is so late tech that it's good to have a low tech alternative for keeping the base perimeter clean, and you don't need full artillery range for that.

New response