Factorio World

Mod that changes the world generation to be a real-world map. Two world maps to choose from: "Atlantic" and "Pacific".

Content
2 years ago
0.14 - 1.1
Environment

g Map Size/Scale notes, questions, and suggestions

1 year, 11 months ago
(updated 1 year, 11 months ago)

First of all, I really like this mod. There is something satisfying about navigating our planet and building factories in places that have meaning to me. So I have been experimenting with the map to discern the best settings for a single occurrence (non-repeating) world map. I discovered that at -map scale 1- the entire world is 4064 w x 1984 h. However, if I use the pre-set starting locations, I cannot use this map size in the -map generator-advanced settings-map gui because the map generation is skewed to center on the player. So I opened a file in editor mode, discovered the entire map and plotted some coords that I like to start at and use the 4064 x 1984 map size with a custom plotted location. This is an acceptable work-around for me but .... edit- this idea doesn't work because the map centers on the player spawn.

Question 1... can you adjust the map skewed center to account for the simple use of this map size for pre-set spawning?
Question 2 ... can you disable the ability to research landfill as an option? (I hate the idea of someone ruining the map)

Suggestion for other mods to use with this map... Cargo ships, Ironclads, or other water based transport, and/or helicopter revival, jet pack, or other flight based transport mods.

Thanks for a great mod.

New response