1 year, 7 months ago
0.17 - 1.1
Enemies

b [Resolved & Logged] conflict with Mobile Factory mod

3 years ago

Mobile Factory is cool...
Biter Hunt Group is cool...
together they are HOT!

but... if during a hunt event the biters come at you and you enter your Mobile Factory, switching surface, the game will crash with this error:

"The mod Biter Hunt Group (18.0.5) caused a non-recoverable error.
Please report this error to the mod author.

Error while running event biter_hunt_group::on_tick (ID 0)
LuaEntity belongs to surface mfSurfaceValkyrieVerci (index 2) but a LuaEntity belonging to surface nauvis (index 1) was expected.
stack traceback:
biter_hunt_group/scripts/packs.lua:372: in function 'CommandEnemies'
biter_hunt_group/scripts/packs.lua:145: in function '?'
biter_hunt_group/utility/event-scheduler.lua:84: in function <biter_hunt_group/utility/event-scheduler.lua:74>
stack traceback:
[C]: in function 'set_command'
biter_hunt_group/scripts/packs.lua:372: in function 'CommandEnemies'
biter_hunt_group/scripts/packs.lua:145: in function '?'
biter_hunt_group/utility/event-scheduler.lua:84: in function <biter_hunt_group/utility/event-scheduler.lua:74>"

this also happens in Factorissimo2 and Space Exploration and other surface change mods where you change surface mid hunt.

can you add an option as well as a check box where you can specify that biter hunts can only occur on Nauvis for server hosts that want to feature sanctuary layers?

additionally there may be need for a few other modifications so that spawn attempts can hang and (schedule) wait for a player to return to Nauvis as well as cancel their AI if they leave mid hunt.

LOVE THIS MOD! Hope you can expand on it in the future.

3 years ago

Will look at the error now while updating to Factorio 1.1
Added the below 2 feature requests to the todo list. I'm not activity working on this mod, but if I do I will look at both the below with the rest of the todo list:
- mod options for whitelist and blacklist surfaces where biters can appear. Not blacklisted surfaces, if whitelisted then only them, otherwise all non blacklisted.
- handle if the player leaves a surface mid hunt - send them rampaging towards spawn, but don't declare it a win.

New response