Advanced Production

The mod will be adding structure(s), armor and equipment to your game-play, is it balanced, or will it be the biter's demise.

Content
1 year, 11 months ago
Mining

g License and more

2 years ago

Hello,

I just wanted to notify you that you are in violation of the Void Miners 1 / Void Miners 2 License. You cannot share it under MIT as the artwork (outside of classic mode) is licensed under CC BY-NC-SA 4.0. For more information, you can read the full Void Miners 1 / Void Miners 2 license here: https://skyehaynes.me/factorio-mods/void-miners/license.html. Im not trying to be mean here, but I couldn't afford to purchase the full rights to the art as it gets expensive and it was the best middle ground.

Secondly, I just wanted to ask what your attempting to do with this mod since I'm quite interested as I think you might be the first to remix one of my mods.

~Skye

2 years ago

Sorry Professor! I tried reading your skye website about the void-miners license but the link would not work for me before I took the work and started touching it. :(
With any mod or work that I use try not going outside the license.
-- I like remixing some items and adding them with more content.
-- I try reading license but I probably misunderstood the license and used it
Example: I wanted to take part of your content of just the 'advanced-void-miner', instead of using the extra materials or liquids but still being in the same useful function I wanted to have a production structure to create ores/materials , start with one of these machines; lets say in an area with small amounts of resources.
We would use this structure as the main resource generator for getting anywhere in the game OR use it as the resource generator for a defense type map with little resources as well.

-side note I can read the license properly at this moment..
I just realized what I broke the first line of the license and i apologize severely and would like your permission to continue using this artwork for only the 'advanced-void-miner' = 'advanced production miner' and if i cannot i will try to change the model as soon as I can.

2 years ago

Hi you seem to have misunderstood my attitude.

I’m not trying to attack you or anything and I LOVE to see people use my work, it’s the point of why I try and license everything under MIT. I just don’t need the person who created the graphics going after you for using them.

I would copy the exception from my license to yours, saying that the following images are licensed under the other livense, meaning it’s all MIT except the art like my mod.

Obviously I don’t want you to feel like I’m attacking you I just don’t need you getting attacked by the creator of the art.

Anyway, for my second question I’m interested in what your doing with this mod since I find it interesting:)

~Skye

2 years ago

in-case i didnt answer the question:
Advanced Production mod will be used with a variety of structures for productions/drills/turrets and possibly other things, slowly adding one thing at a time.

I'm a single person who enjoys coding with a passion and struggles on a single line of broken code for hours until i find the correct measurement, I've found myself problems with finding proper help with codes / things in the past and usually progress off one thing to another as each mod /project progresses and new ideas emerge.. I'm not known much at all and I like having random people's ideas and using them in a single mod with functions that suit the person(s).

2 years ago

oh thE MIT i was trying to do the license creating and im still messing up on how to make it

2 years ago

in-case i didnt answer the question:
Advanced Production mod will be used with a variety of structures for productions/drills/turrets and possibly other things, slowly adding one thing at a time.

I'm a single person who enjoys coding with a passion and struggles on a single line of broken code for hours until i find the correct measurement, I've found myself problems with finding proper help with codes / things in the past and usually progress off one thing to another as each mod /project progresses and new ideas emerge.. I'm not known much at all and I like having random people's ideas and using them in a single mod with functions that suit the person(s).

If you need any help feel free to contact me on Discord, it’s MissCatTrap#2003 :)

2 years ago

<3 I appreciate your way of thoughts and actions and will contact you soon, hope I wont be too annoying with the questions I have.

This thread has been locked.