by ElAdamo

Get to da choppa!

Content
3 years ago
0.17 - 0.18
Transportation

b [Can't Recreate] Krastorio 2 bug

4 years ago

I don’t know if and with the combination of other mods but I play with the krastorio 2 mod and the elicoptero n has more sound effects and always indicates the lack of fuel,

4 years ago

Same for me, but i dont know where the problem is. No sounds and around 5 fuel alerts over the helicopter. with and without fuel. Is it possible to fix?

4 years ago
(updated 4 years ago)

I don't really understand the problem. Will you tell me what's going on in clear terms?

4 years ago

Maybe the clearest way to see it is through self experince. Please install Factorio 18.12(experimental), Krastorio 2 and your mod. When you now spawn the entity of the helicopter and try to fly with it with and without fuel, then you should see the incompatible problem.

4 years ago

Been crazy busy at work since the virus outbreak. Will take a look when I can.

4 years ago

Same for me, but i dont know where the problem is. No sounds and around 5 fuel alerts over the helicopter. with and without fuel. Is it possible to fix? [2]

This one anyway, I really like this mod, fix it for us <3

3 years ago

I'm working on this mod now but I want to get through all direct bug fixes before looking at compatibility options. Added this to my to-do list. You're still having this issue, right?

3 years ago

Is this issue still happening for you guys? I just setup a Krastorio 2 dev bed, so we'll see if I can find the issue.

3 years ago

I tried to recreate these issues. When I install Krastorio 2 alongside my mods, I have sound, but the fuel shows empty. I am looking into that issue and I expect I'll be able to fix it, but I need to find out what other mod needs to be added to the mix for the sound problem. Anyone have a clue? Otherwise I can't recreate that issue.

3 years ago

OK, so, this appears to be working properly. When I use Krastorio 2 with Chopper, Krastorio 2 overwrites my chopper to use his fuel items only. Well, that's alright, if that's the gameplay you want. As long as I use the Krastorio 2 fuel items, the gauge is working properly. I therefore won't be changing anything at the moment, and the mod is considered ready to go with Krastorio 2. Please check your clients and let me know if any problems persist for you. I will fix it if it does, but we'll need to determine what other mods are involved in the problem.

3 years ago

That said, because I see that equipment grid is incompatible with Krastorio 2, do you all want me to add an equipment grid to the chopper directly?

3 years ago

This is still the case: no engine or rotor sound and lots of flashing fuel symbols, but otherwise it works perfectly.

Yes, a small equipment grid is useful: shields avoid the need for frequent repairs.

3 years ago

I think it might be a different mod. I've tested with the Krastorio mod and I can't recreate this issue. Would like to fix it but without being able to recreate it there's not much I can do.

3 years ago

Nope, it's Krastorio, but a little less obvious than I thought.

Disabling only Krastorio2, mining the chopper, and re-placing it fixes the issue. Disabling all mods but base and adamo-chopper, mining and re-placing the chopper, saving, enabling Krastorio2 and re-loading: at first it appears okay, but after stopping the engine extra fuel warnings show; mining and re-placing the chopper shows even more fuel warnings.

3 years ago

Are you using the Krastorio fuel or the vanilla fuel items to fuel the helicopter?

3 years ago
(updated 3 years ago)

Any. I tested here with coal and wood because obviously after removing the Krastorio mod most other fuels disappeared. I don't think it makes a difference.

In fact, there's a difference when placing the helicopter before any fuel is introduced: without Krastorio, one fuel light is shown; with, something like 7 are shown (four for the blades IIRC, one central, one fore, one aft, and when air-borne at least one of them is significantly offset from the body).

3 years ago
(updated 3 years ago)

Try running the /fixchoppa command. Be careful because you might lose any ammo in the helicopter when you do this. I admit I am still confused as this error is not present on my system with Chopper + Krastorio 2. But I'll see what I can do.

3 years ago

Yup, lost the ammo, otherwise no different to re-placing the chopper. But no worries, I'm sure you've more important things to do.

3 years ago

Well I will definitely take another look into this. I put it on my todo list. Will let you know what I find. Probably won't be this weekend as I am going to visit my wife a few states away.

New response