Truce Mod

This mod activates peaceful mode on start which makes enemies friendly to you. They will only attack once the timer has reached zero or if you get too close to them. However, enemies will still be affected by and evolve from pollution.

Content
2 years ago
1.0 - 1.1
Enemies

b possible conflict with "rampant"

2 years ago

G'day. When I ran this along with the "rampant" mod, it seems like something got messed up with the AI around the time the truce ended. The biters stopped seeing me as a valid target to attack -- they would charge me, etc, as normal, but never spit and never bite.

I couldn't find a 100 percent reliable way to reproduce it other than running the two together for a couple hours, so this might not be related, but I figured to pass it on anyhow.

2 years ago
(updated 2 years ago)

Hi slippycheeze,
As I see it, the only conflicting modification between Rampant and Truce Mod would be a function called set_cease_fire. This function is called twice by Truce Mod, once at start and once when the timer reaches zero to switch cease fire mode for enemies.

However, the issue you're describing could be a problem with the Rampant mod itself (or possibly conflicts with other mods).
Over at the discussion for the Rampant mod, players are reporting issues with enemies not attacking etc.

In any case, I will look into the issue and speak to the developer of the Rampant mod and see if there could be a conflict after all.

Thanks for your feedback!

2 years ago

Thanks! Like I say, I don't have a robust reproduction of it, so I don't know for sure -- but I do know that disabling truce ended up stopping the problem occurring. If you don't get it found easily, I'll update here if I get something more useful. :)

oh, uh, and thank you for the mod, of course! I think it is a great idea, especially the "get too close" part. :)

New response